sharetrader
Page 92 of 442 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

They better pull their socks up. I'm taking a bath with SML and ATM

For what its worth here is my approach. Its well known that some people treat the NZX like an ATM (automatic teller machine) in the lead up to Christmas and probably only a natural part of life that some people take some of their superb profits they've made on ATM and SML in the first half of December. My approach is to ride this through and look for an opportunity to top up in mid December once people have made their ATM withdrawals for their Christmas and holiday spending.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    They better pull their socks up. I'm taking a bath with SML and ATM
    Yep I am well under water with this one gulp

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Yep I am well under water with this one gulp
    I'm taking a long term view with these 2. But if the stop loss is triggered it will be a "SELL".

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For what its worth here is my approach. Its well known that some people treat the NZX like an ATM (automatic teller machine) in the lead up to Christmas and probably only a natural part of life that some people take some of their superb profits they've made on ATM and SML in the first half of December. My approach is to ride this through and look for an opportunity to top up in mid December once people have made their ATM withdrawals for their Christmas and holiday spending.
    Couldn't agree more.

Also, the fact that SML is tightly held stock meaning price movements can be rather large in both directions. What we've gotta remember is that the fundamentals and numbers haven't changed from what they were a month ago or from that of ASM date. Just need to ride out the downward wave and once it starts to move up it'll be quick and rapid.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Also, the fact that SML is tightly held stock meaning price movements can be rather large in both directions. What we've gotta remember is that the fundamentals and numbers haven't changed from what they were a month ago or from that of ASM date. Just need to ride out the downward wave and once it starts to move up it'll be quick and rapid.
    The movement up has already been quick and rapid. It has doubled in the last year. We are probably in for a relatively long consolidation period. The fundamentals are decent, but that is probably now well priced in. Am looking for some weakness to top up, but dont feel there is any rush

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The movement up has already been quick and rapid. It has doubled in the last year. We are probably in for a relatively long consolidation period. The fundamentals are decent, but that is probably now well priced in. Am looking for some weakness to top up, but dont feel there is any rush
    Plateauing? - maybe ... but a bit too early to call. SML is still well above the MA100 and ATM even still around the MA30 - both look so far like uninterrupted uptrends to me.

But sure - it would be unreasonable to expect them to keep rising with unchanged velocity. Looking into their fundamentals would I however think that both are still exceptional value ...

Discl: hold both (medium sized parcels) and might top up when the current "consolidation period" ends;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Plateauing? - maybe ... but a bit too early to call. SML is still well above the MA100 and ATM even still around the MA30 - both look so far like uninterrupted uptrends to me.

But sure - it would be unreasonable to expect them to keep rising with unchanged velocity. Looking into their fundamentals would I however think that both are still exceptional value ...

Discl: hold both (medium sized parcels) and might top up when the current "consolidation period" ends;
    You're as cunning as a hungry beagle, holding same and thinking the same about topping up.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

More good news today - shoudl give things a kick along
    Synlait Milk (NZX: SML; ASX: SM1) has today officially opened its new Wetmix
    kitchen, which will enable it to simultaneously run both large-scale infant
    formula spray dryers.
    This will double the amount of infant formula powder which can be produced at
    the Dunsandel site, from 40,000 metric tonnes (MT) to 80,000 MT per year.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    More good news today - shoudl give things a kick along
    Synlait Milk (NZX: SML; ASX: SM1) has today officially opened its new Wetmix
    kitchen, which will enable it to simultaneously run both large-scale infant
    formula spray dryers.
    This will double the amount of infant formula powder which can be produced at
    the Dunsandel site, from 40,000 metric tonnes (MT) to 80,000 MT per year.
    Not sure this is really "news". They mentioned that already at their AGM (a week ago) with reference to the past, but still - it might not be news, but it is still great!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)