sharetrader
Page 98 of 442 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    In todays announcement looks like SML have hired a very competent person to Director of quality, regulatory and Lab serves. No glass ceilings there.
    The last page of that announcement paints a pretty sad picture ...at least most of the white guys look happy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The last page of that announcement paints a pretty sad picture ...at least most of the white guys look happy
    Its an excellent picture - lots of (hopefully) competent people.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    lol, I agree

Am I the only one not all that shocked that Synlait, in a majority white male industry such as dairy is run by a majority of while males.

Why is it such an inherently bad thing to see a homogeneous leadership?

Only thing important in business is a diversity of ideas, personalities and expertise...
    Last edited by hardt; 25-01-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Minimoke, any thoughts why the market hasn't 'put a blow torch to Synlait SP' the way you so eloquently described on the A2 thread. Im a bit perplexed as would have seen SYN SP respond accordingly. Thinking of accumulating more.

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Minimoke, any thoughts why the market hasn't 'put a blow torch to Synlait SP' the way you so eloquently described on the A2 thread. Im a bit perplexed as would have seen SYN SP respond accordingly. Thinking of accumulating more.
    In the short time I have held these two shares both were even pegging and both making me a loss. (the only two shares that were). But now I'm ahead 10.5% in ATM and down 2.9% in SML. Which only leads me to conclude there are those that know more than the market has been told.

So I am now expecting a correction / profit taking in ATM which will release funds to flow into SML.

While I am quite happy to see ATM where it is at the moment I see these as long term plays so wont be looking at selling unless stop loss is hit. In the meantime I sit back and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post

Only thing important in business is a diversity of ideas, personalities and expertise...
    Thats what I reckon, but Im an old dinosaur. Apparently this modern age thinking is that if you are a minority (particularly female) you are much better suited to the promotions and top jobs.

Banned

This things acting like a real mutt, okay Beagle I know you reckon it's a good long term hold etc etc (Woof Woof) but I don't like watching paint dry. PS-Im sure it was exciting for early holders on it's run up last year. PPS-This ones in danger of being kicked out of my boarding kennel and replaced with some other critter.

Almost everyone's grumpy today mate and licking their wounds. Focus on the long term buddy.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    This things acting like a real mutt, okay Beagle I know you reckon it's a good long term hold etc etc (Woof Woof) but I don't like watching paint dry. PS-Im sure it was exciting for early holders on it's run up last year. PPS-This ones in danger of being kicked out of my boarding kennel and replaced with some other critter.
    I agree Couta its been a dud for me ... in the red with this one and getting redder!