sharetrader
Page 272 of 441 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 4405

Hey beagle - good point ‘watching this train journey and possible train wreck and whilst you would think someone is at the controls......’

The future is autonomous cars and we already have driverless trains .....maybe we have an autonomous management team as well....Synlait leading the way again.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

If the conveyancing solicitor did't give "here be dragons" advice maybe the solicitors professional negligence insurer is running the negotiations

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey beagle - good point ‘watching this train journey and possible train wreck and whilst you would think someone is at the controls......’

The future is autonomous cars and we already have driverless trains .....maybe we have an autonomous management team as well....Synlait leading the way again.
    Help me with my understanding of the English language, but I always thought there is a difference between "driverless" and "autonomous". Am I right?

As well, Synlait management is clearly not driver-less, it just appears the driver made some risky decisions ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Help me with my understanding of the English language, but I always thought there is a difference between "driverless" and "autonomous". Am I right?

As well, Synlait management is clearly not driver-less, it just appears the driver made some risky decisions ...
    Yes teacher very bad ....might even get Peat telling me off as well

Never mind - I'll blame my ancestory instead lack of education

I note Graeme Milne, Chair, Is a finalist in the Chairperson of the Year section of the Deloittes Top 200 Awards

Good effort

Chairperson of the Year is awarded to the top board performer from the previous year. The judging criteria include the performance of the organisation(s) and the extent to which the winner has contributed to the performance of the board(s) he or she chairs. Judges will also take into account the regard in which the winner is held by peers. Also of importance is the understanding of, and commitment to, promoting high standards of corporate governance.
    Last edited by winner69; 21-10-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Well...today's the day. If they don't announce a deal brokered over the weekend or on the footsteps of the Supreme court this morning the company effectively plays Russian roulette trying to get satisfaction through the Supreme court with about 1 chance in 6 of being successful, (my best estimate).
    News Flash. Synlait as the self appointed champions of all things inclusiveness have a lot of work left to do.
    LGBTQ should have an F on the end for fat people as new research shows they are actively discriminated against https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12278108
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-10-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Well...today's the day. ... with about 1 chance in 6 of being successful, (my best estimate).
    News Flash. Synlait as the self appointed champions of all things inclusiveness have a lot of work left to do.
    LGBTQ ..
    I don't really want to argue with the Beagle's dogged insistence on his expertise on all matters legal and LGBTQ re SML, but for those interested in an alternative viewpoint I happened to be in the Supreme Court this morning and had the privilege of hearing both parties oral submissions.

I don't intend to summarise the cases here but suffice it to say each party's written submission equaled several phone books (remember them?) of legal argument and evidence.

I came away with the distinct impression from the verbal submissions and questioning, that SML have a good chance of a reasonable and possibly favourable outcome.

From the words of the judges came words such as 'abuse of process' and 'opportunistic appeal' and 'other industrial plants in the area ignored by this appeal' and 'a possibility that the lower courts may have got it wrong'.

After hearing arguments this morning the judges adjourned to make a ruling, so we await a ruling with interest.

JMHO.... I don't hold SML, but do hold ATM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I don't really want to argue with the Beagle's dogged insistence on his expertise on all matters legal and LGBTQ re SML, but for those interested in an alternative viewpoint I happened to be in the Supreme Court this morning and had the privilege of hearing both parties oral submissions.

I don't intend to summarise the cases here but suffice it to say each party's written submission equaled several phone books (remember them?) of legal argument and evidence.

I came away with the distinct impression from the verbal submissions and questioning, that SML have a good chance of a reasonable and possibly favourable outcome.

From the words of the judges came words such as 'abuse of process' and 'opportunistic appeal' and 'other industrial plants in the area ignored by this appeal' and 'a possibility that the lower courts may have got it wrong'.

After hearing arguments this morning the judges adjourned to make a ruling, so we await a ruling with interest.

JMHO.... I don't hold SML, but do hold ATM.
    So nice to have a post based on facts and not supposition.
    Thank you.
    RTM

Except that its not facts per se, its one persons opinion of how (s)he perceived the proceedings went. Like all individual observations of events its quite possible that one's own viewpoint is clouded by a previously held perspective. Two people can see exactly the same traffic accident and as I am sure you know, have completely opposite views on who was at fault. To illustrate my point here is a very good example of two very different opinions on how the same meeting went http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...-a-new-ceohtml
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-10-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Except that its not facts per se, its one persons opinion of how (s)he perceived the proceedings went. Like all individual observations of events its quite possible that one's own viewpoint is clouded by a previously held perspective. Two people can see exactly the same traffic accident and as I am sure you know, have completely opposite views on who was at fault. To illustrate my point here is a very good example of two very different opinions on how the same meeting went http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...-a-new-ceohtml
    Regardless of perception or viewpoint, when it comes to such matters, it will come down to law and legal precedents.

Appreciated a little first-hand account of some of the proceedings LF!