sharetrader
Page 280 of 441 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 4410

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    One of the top table at the meeting explained the production of infant formula and cheese were complementary processes.

The purchase of Talbot Forest and Dairy Works was to enable the optimization of raw milk.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    I remember they told me that a year ago as well, so at least they are consistent, though at that stage Leon referred mainly to optimizing their truck tours (reduces their need to send empty trucks around). But maybe this is what they meant this year as well.

May be - though I am not convinced that the same benefits apply for delivering liquid milk as a house brand to supermarkets - and, whatever it is - their overall margins did shrink this year.

Lets hope this does not develop into a trend ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Minimum of 3.7%, will be close to that because 10 year Govt stock is 1.3%. So high 3% somewhere for five years deeply subordinated and unsecured.
    What a "compelling" offer...
    that said its hard to get 3.7% for fixed interest and as Craigs says in their latest quarterly a good portfolio will still have a decent percentage of fixed interest and quite a bit of that should be corporate debt (as long as it doesn't behave like equity in times of stress).

Investor

SML receives GACC infant formula approval for Alk facility

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/345502

Another step in right direction, onwards and upwards...

[QUOTE=sb9;780913]SML receives GACC infant formula approval for Alk facility

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/345502

Another step in right direction, onwards and upwards...[/QUOTE

Step one GACC received hopefully followed by SAMR which I believe is close for SML two brands
    Brand registrations

Once approved and listed by GACC as an infant formula manufacturer, your product brands must also be approved by China’s State Administration of Market Regulation (SAMR). SAMR is responsible for food safety, inspections, testing and quality supervision.
    Prior to 2019 this process was managed by the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ), and the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA).
    The department has no formal role in the SAMR registration process however we understand that:

• a link to the application forms should be obtained from SAMR. There is a copy on our website, however this may not be the most current version.
    • applications must be submitted in Mandarin to SAMR directly in hard copy and a soft copy submitted through the SAMR website.
    • SAMR may request an on-site audit at the manufacturing establishment prior to registering infant formula brands. If an audit is requested at your establishment please notify us by emailing dairyeggsfish@agriculture.gov.au

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/expor...a-requirements

Interest rate set at 3.83% for this deeply subordinated and unsecured bond http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...591/313531.pdf
    I am not interested in taking what effectively amounts to an equity risk for a very modest fixed interest return.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Interest rate set at 3.83% for this deeply subordinated and unsecured bond http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...591/313531.pdf
    I am not interested in taking what effectively amounts to an equity risk for a very modest fixed interest return.
    Do you hold some bonds Beagle ?

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Do you hold some bonds Beagle ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I meant in general. Not Synlait.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I meant in general. Not Synlait.
    No bonds per se. I hold some REIT's and have held several of the gentailiers as a form of bond alternative, am very happy with the returns.
    I am very wary of the potential for capital losses on bonds at present going forward into 2020 and beyond. 2.8% on short term deposit with Heartland a much safer bet for people wanting fixed interest in my opinion. Long bond corporate debt generally looks like a risky bet to me going forward from here with the current extraordinarily low, (100 year lows ?) rates on offer. (Acknowledge anyone with good quality long bonds has had a good few years of returns lately)...but going forward ????
    What do you think mate ? If you must hold bonds I'd be keeping the maturity very short at this stage.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-12-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Advanced Member

No bonds per se. I hold some REIT's and have held several of the gentailiers as a form of bond alternative, am very happy with the returns.
    I am very wary of the potential for capital losses on bonds at present going forward into 2020 and beyond. 2.8% on short term deposit with Heartland a much safer bet for people wanting fixed interest in my opinion. Long bond corporate debt generally looks like a risky bet to me going forward from here with the current extraordinarily low, (100 year lows ?) rates on offer. (Acknowledge anyone with good quality long bonds has had a good few years of returns lately)...but going forward ????
    What do you think mate ? If you must hold bonds I'd be keeping the maturity very short at this stage.
    Thanks Beagle.
    I set up my money using Craigs guidelines...and they recommended a decent chunk...20-30% maybe, can't recall, in bonds. So yes, I have some.
    I only subscribed to new issues, started 5-7 years ago, so interest rates that I have are pretty decent. Some have matured, I am not replacing them at current low interest rates. I've been lucky with the ones I have with the direction that interest rates have moved. And yes...have some REITS as well...PFI, VHP and three retirement villages which I classify in there rightly or wrongly as well.
    Last edited by RTM; 09-12-2019 at 06:28 PM.