sharetrader
Page 214 of 431 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 4304

FNZC target $7.66

For BlackPeter seeing he misunderstood me —

from hero to ZERO - informal used to say that someone goes from being very successful or admired to being very unsuccessful or unpopular

But the good thing in life is you can also go from zero to hero
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    For BlackPeter seeing he misunderstood me —

from hero to ZERO - informal used to say that someone goes from being very successful or admired to being very unsuccessful or unpopular

But the good thing in life is you can also go from zero to hero
    language can be so ambiguous - can it ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The number of believers deserting the company (or taking their money/profits) yesterday just shows a company can go from hero to zero very quickly.
    Guess the problem is no one expected such a divergence in margins between both companies. In past both companies fortunes intricately linked to each other as when A2 made good money SML also had good margins on their IF sales. It still seem to be the case, but at slightly lower levels than before and that combined with change in products mix sales for FY 19 meant that they took a bigger hit in their profits than normal.

Long term growth story still remains in tact on track for them as per their webcast link below:

https://vimeo.com/325338302/da77d2fc5c

Have watched and listened to that y'day (its about an hour long, make sure you've enough time on hand and some coffee), for me both CEO and CFO presentation were mixed bag. They need to sharpen their presentation skills and also the way they answer analysts questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Such a random post. Which post is it in reply to?
    Good question. I replied to a question from minimoke, but it appears he removed it.

This is a fast moving forum ... shall remove now my anwer to minis question which will leave everybody wondering about your post ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Such a random post. Which post is it in reply to?
    Its a reply to me having a blond moment - and subsequently deleting my dimness.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Good question. I replied to a question from minimoke, but it appears he removed it.

This is a fast moving forum ... shall remove now my anwer to minis question which will leave everybody wondering about your post ;
    Well done on selling prior to the results BP!

Although not stricktly a SML question, I tried to participate in the pre opening price matching to sell my SML yesterday. I have to say I couldnt figure out what to do and how low to go! Would be very grateful if someone could expain how it actually works and if there is a useful strategy for buying or selling durng this price matching. Sorry if this is something I should know but I have not tried to participate in this before.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post

Although not stricktly a SML question, I tried to participate in the pre opening price matching to sell my SML yesterday. I have to say I couldnt figure out what to do and how low to go! Would be very grateful if someone could expain how it actually works and if there is a useful strategy for buying or selling durng this price matching. Sorry if this is something I should know but I have not tried to participate in this before.
    Basically the system will work out where the most volume can trade and "levels" or matches the price there. So an example
    Buyers at 9.00 * 80,000
    Buyers at 8.80 * 100,000
    Buyers @$ 8.75 * 200,000
    Sellers @$ 9.10 * 150,000
    Sellers @ $9.00 * 400,000
    Seller @ $8.80 200,000 shares.
    Match price $ 8.80 for 180,000 shares
    Price would be left 8.75-8.80 200,000* 20,000
    The buyer at 9.00 has an improved fill.

So basically if you wanted to sell you needed to maybe not join an existing offer, but be lower than the best sell or below one of the buyer prices. This is where depth of market is crucial.
    Lots of games in pre open and professionals will go in at the last second with say a sell @ $ 8.60 for 500,000 shares and take out all the buyers leaving you on the sideline ......

Cheers

S/L

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post

Someone else will explain more succinctly than I can. But heres a picture of today's preopen (cant remember what time). By way of example. Yesterday afternoon I put a sell in at 1000. No one took me up.

So I looked at the ASX close which was equivalent to NZD$9.99. So I went to check the way the opening was going this morning because I never sell in pre-open. There was one bid at 1000 as you can see. Tells me there's a bit of interest at the level I want to sell at. But you can see some people want less than me ($975 and $980) so they get to sell first.

looking at the queue there are a few wanting to buy at 1000 and at 999. So these bids get matched against those wanting to sell at 975 and 980

I want to be at the front of of the queue when I come to sell. So I adjusted my sell to 998 - figuring market will get close to Ozzie close and I'm not going to quibble a cent or two. So now I am 2nd in the queue at 998. I'll keep an eye on the market and if it seems to surge up I'll push back out to 1000 or higher. If I picked it wrong I'll just have to lower my expectations.

I'm happyish to wait until after 12:00 when the ASX opens and see how the ozzies take to the market.
    Last edited by minimoke; 21-03-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Many thanks for the explanations. Think I will leave price matching to others as sounds quite a stressful process