sharetrader
Page 158 of 173 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2581
  1. #2356
    Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post

    In the sense of an analogy, its like a fruit basket, we have one rotten fruit in the basket of fruits, but that doesn't mean the whole basket of fruits is bad, but theres definitely a mess to clean up and for shareholders receiving the basket they are horrified by it.
    Unless the analogy is that the market just sees one nice shiny juicy pink grapefruit on top. And doesnt notice the rotting Pokeno Plum underneath, Or the disintegrating margin pear, or the inflating inventory kiwifruit, or the non-existant zero carbon toothless peach, or the increasingly delayed FDA approval Apple

  2. #2357
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    64

    Default

    More trouble for Synlait. And again, more subpar communication.

    Munchkin fda approval for USA put on hold.

    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/334649

    Related to pokeno? Loss of production capability? Who knows.

  3. #2358
    Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanchay View Post
    More trouble for Synlait. And again, more subpar communication.

    Munchkin fda approval for USA put on hold.

    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/334649

    Related to pokeno? Loss of production capability? Who knows.
    Interesting they post that a couple of hours after I post a reference to FDA - they know we are onto them!

  4. #2359
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanchay View Post
    More trouble for Synlait. And again, more subpar communication.

    Munchkin fda approval for USA put on hold.

    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/334649

    Related to pokeno? Loss of production capability? Who knows.
    Quite considerate that they seem now to print the headlines of any bad news in bold pink. Makes them stand out of the crowd.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  5. #2360
    Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    Just a reminder from 2017
    "He said the new timing will not have a material impact on Synlait's forecast volumes for the 2018 financial year. The company has previously said that significant manufactured volumes for the US market weren't expected until the 2018 financial year.
    Synlait is expanding in the US, the world's second-largest infant formula market, to diversify its earnings away from China, the world's largest market. The company has worked for two years with Munchkin on the new 'grass-fed' formula which aims to meet demand for natural products in a market where much of the milk comes from intensive, factory-style dairy farms. The product is poised to become only the second imported infant formula brand with US FDA registration.
    The company said today that the delay in the US launch has no impact on the strength of Munchkin's Grass Fed infant formula, which continues to steadily gain increased distribution in Australia and New Zealand."

    Probably best to alert the market now and not do a PEB

  6. #2361
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Just a reminder from 2017
    "He said the new timing will not have a material impact on Synlait's forecast volumes for the 2018 financial year. The company has previously said that significant manufactured volumes for the US market weren't expected until the 2018 financial year.
    Synlait is expanding in the US, the world's second-largest infant formula market, to diversify its earnings away from China, the world's largest market. The company has worked for two years with Munchkin on the new 'grass-fed' formula which aims to meet demand for natural products in a market where much of the milk comes from intensive, factory-style dairy farms. The product is poised to become only the second imported infant formula brand with US FDA registration.
    The company said today that the delay in the US launch has no impact on the strength of Munchkin's Grass Fed infant formula, which continues to steadily gain increased distribution in Australia and New Zealand."

    Probably best to alert the market now and not do a PEB
    Sorry minimoke, but what do you mean by a PEB?

  7. #2362
    Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Sorry minimoke, but what do you mean by a PEB?
    Promising year after year that American certification is just around thecorner, sucking up shareholder funds in the meantime, paying extravagant executive wages and never ever getting close (PEB = Pacific Edge Biotech)

  8. #2363
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Promising year after year that American certification is just around thecorner, sucking up shareholder funds in the meantime, paying extravagant executive wages and never ever getting close (PEB = Pacific Edge Biotech)
    Ah yes, hope springs ever eternal in the hearts of both managers and investors. Only experience with lessons hard learned counteracts this (as you obviously have).

  9. #2364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    12,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Promising year after year that American certification is just around thecorner, sucking up shareholder funds in the meantime, paying extravagant executive wages and never ever getting close (PEB = Pacific Edge Biotech)
    Who's getting milked, the cows or shareholders ?
    The optics of putting this certification process on hold look quite troubling. No progress on other certification processes in China either. Looking more like a fiasco almost every other day. Very pleased to be out.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-05-2019 at 11:34 AM.

  10. #2365
    Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Who's getting milked, the cows or shareholders ?
    The optics of putting this certification process on hold look quite troubling. No progress on other certification processes in China either. Looking more like a fiasco almost every other day. Very pleased to be out.
    looks to me like exports to USA are dead in the water. Now reliant on China. And their house brand milk heading into a South Island supermarket near you (got to be another high volume, low margin deal), along with their tasty cheese. (potentially high margin on minuscule volume)

  11. #2366
    Guru peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    yes , I completed my full exit from this somewhat misleading company a couple of days ago. small loss , no worries.

    I believe that is now a hat trick of misinformation events so yeh agree - this ones gone from the portfolio and now relegated to the merely 'Curious' watchlist
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

  12. #2367
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    23,668

    Default

    Leon on radio this morning

    Doesn’t seem too fazed about Munchin not proceeding in the USA

    https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018695776
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  13. #2368
    Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Leon on radio this morning

    Doesn’t seem too fazed about Munchin not proceeding in the USA

    https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018695776
    If the Approval process is rigorous, does this suggest the Synlait part of the equation doesn't come up to the required standard?

    2nd largest infant formula market in the world now not a current opportunity - I'd be mightily fazed

  14. #2369
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    23,668

    Default

    I take it a cease and desist notice means they have to stop building ..doesn’t actually say what they have to stop doing

    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...778/300164.pdf
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  15. #2370
    Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    It means please stop what you are doing that doesn't allow me to enjoy my covenants or else I will seek an injunction. I quite fancy having just grazing land next to me

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •