sharetrader
Page 158 of 173 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2581
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post

In the sense of an analogy, its like a fruit basket, we have one rotten fruit in the basket of fruits, but that doesn't mean the whole basket of fruits is bad, but theres definitely a mess to clean up and for shareholders receiving the basket they are horrified by it.
    Unless the analogy is that the market just sees one nice shiny juicy pink grapefruit on top. And doesnt notice the rotting Pokeno Plum underneath, Or the disintegrating margin pear, or the inflating inventory kiwifruit, or the non-existant zero carbon toothless peach, or the increasingly delayed FDA approval Apple

More trouble for Synlait. And again, more subpar communication.

Munchkin fda approval for USA put on hold.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/334649

Related to pokeno? Loss of production capability? Who knows.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chanchay View Post

Interesting they post that a couple of hours after I post a reference to FDA - they know we are onto them!

Quote Originally Posted by Chanchay View Post

Quite considerate that they seem now to print the headlines of any bad news in bold pink. Makes them stand out of the crowd.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Just a reminder from 2017
    "He said the new timing will not have a material impact on Synlait's forecast volumes for the 2018 financial year. The company has previously said that significant manufactured volumes for the US market weren't expected until the 2018 financial year.
    Synlait is expanding in the US, the world's second-largest infant formula market, to diversify its earnings away from China, the world's largest market. The company has worked for two years with Munchkin on the new 'grass-fed' formula which aims to meet demand for natural products in a market where much of the milk comes from intensive, factory-style dairy farms. The product is poised to become only the second imported infant formula brand with US FDA registration.
    The company said today that the delay in the US launch has no impact on the strength of Munchkin's Grass Fed infant formula, which continues to steadily gain increased distribution in Australia and New Zealand."

Probably best to alert the market now and not do a PEB

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Just a reminder from 2017
    "He said the new timing will not have a material impact on Synlait's forecast volumes for the 2018 financial year. The company has previously said that significant manufactured volumes for the US market weren't expected until the 2018 financial year.
    Synlait is expanding in the US, the world's second-largest infant formula market, to diversify its earnings away from China, the world's largest market. The company has worked for two years with Munchkin on the new 'grass-fed' formula which aims to meet demand for natural products in a market where much of the milk comes from intensive, factory-style dairy farms. The product is poised to become only the second imported infant formula brand with US FDA registration.
    The company said today that the delay in the US launch has no impact on the strength of Munchkin's Grass Fed infant formula, which continues to steadily gain increased distribution in Australia and New Zealand."

Probably best to alert the market now and not do a PEB
    Sorry minimoke, but what do you mean by a PEB?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Sorry minimoke, but what do you mean by a PEB?
    Promising year after year that American certification is just around thecorner, sucking up shareholder funds in the meantime, paying extravagant executive wages and never ever getting close (PEB = Pacific Edge Biotech)

Promising year after year that American certification is just around thecorner, sucking up shareholder funds in the meantime, paying extravagant executive wages and never ever getting close (PEB = Pacific Edge Biotech)
    Ah yes, hope springs ever eternal in the hearts of both managers and investors. Only experience with lessons hard learned counteracts this (as you obviously have).

Banned

Who's getting milked, the cows or shareholders ?
    The optics of putting this certification process on hold look quite troubling. No progress on other certification processes in China either. Looking more like a fiasco almost every other day. Very pleased to be out.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-05-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Who's getting milked, the cows or shareholders ?
    The optics of putting this certification process on hold look quite troubling. No progress on other certification processes in China either. Looking more like a fiasco almost every other day. Very pleased to be out.
    looks to me like exports to USA are dead in the water. Now reliant on China. And their house brand milk heading into a South Island supermarket near you (got to be another high volume, low margin deal), along with their tasty cheese. (potentially high margin on minuscule volume)

yes , I completed my full exit from this somewhat misleading company a couple of days ago. small loss , no worries.

I believe that is now a hat trick of misinformation events so yeh agree - this ones gone from the portfolio and now relegated to the merely 'Curious' watchlist
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Leon on radio this morning

Doesn’t seem too fazed about Munchin not proceeding in the USA

https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018695776
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Leon on radio this morning

Doesn’t seem too fazed about Munchin not proceeding in the USA

https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018695776
    If the Approval process is rigorous, does this suggest the Synlait part of the equation doesn't come up to the required standard?

2nd largest infant formula market in the world now not a current opportunity - I'd be mightily fazed

I take it a cease and desist notice means they have to stop building ..doesn’t actually say what they have to stop doing

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...778/300164.pdf
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Legend

It means please stop what you are doing that doesn't allow me to enjoy my covenants or else I will seek an injunction. I quite fancy having just grazing land next to me