sharetrader
Page 300 of 441 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 4406
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Hope to tomorrow.
    Behind paywall on NBR titled as below....(sorry I'm not a subscriber)

"Covenants over Synlait's Pokeno plant now largely irrelevant, court told"

I'm picking its good news for Synlait...

Disc - As a holder I'm biased though.
    Last edited by sb9; 03-06-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

Behind the paywall in the N.Z. Herald too. That statement is simply what Synlait's lawyer asserted.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

This is merely the appellants QC's opening speech asserting that to be so, when any one else knows that land titles and their bits and bobs don't usually care about these social dynamics. Owning land has been around for a long long time and the details of it don't just bow to changes such as development over 20 years (I wouldnt think).

Discl: no position
    Last edited by peat; 03-06-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Synlait's position is obstensibly other people have built dairy processing facilities nearby so it is perfectly okay for us to do so and ride roughshod over land covenants, a land ownership rights protection system that dates back well over 100 years. Lets spend $260m of shareholders money knowing that while doing so we're going directly against the Court of Appeal's decision. What could possibly go wrong lol

I would have thought shareholders have every expectation they can expect their directors to act in a prudent manner that doesn't expose them to untoward risk. Legal action against the directors coming if this all blows up in their face ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-06-2020 at 06:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Behind the paywall in the N.Z. Herald too. That statement is simply what Synlait's lawyer asserted.
    Yes, did read that article on NZH through some other source....interesting opening comments from Synlait's lawyer, let's see what happens when case continues tomorrow.

Just for the record who wishes to buy SML......?

Leon Clement (CEO of Synlait) presenting tonight over Zoom to NZSA members. While I would be surprised if he comments on an open court case, it still might be interesting how he sells the situation.

If you are not a NZSA member ... there is still an opportunity to join : http://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/members.cfm

----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Just to clarify can the Supreme court descion be appealed or is this the end of the road??
    I notice an article By Andrea Fox (its behind NZH paywall so cant read it all) that counsel for the holder of the covenant intends to bring to the case information that the land use not being not now available for a housing development which may turn the milk a bit sour for Synlait

Supreme Court is the end of the road. Appeals to the Privvy Council in the U.K. are no longer allowed in the N.Z. Judicial system.

Outside thinking.

Won't be attending the SML hearing today..... other commitments and more fun watching VGL.

GLH.