sharetrader
Page 301 of 441 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 4406

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Leon Clement (CEO of Synlait) presenting tonight over Zoom to NZSA members. While I would be surprised if he comments on an open court case, it still might be interesting how he sells the situation.

If you are not a NZSA member ... there is still an opportunity to join : http://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/members.cfm

I recently joined NZSA and don't recall seeing an email about this and cannot find anything when I login to the website.
    Do you know who is the best person to contact?

That's funny. I assume they do have your email?

If you know your local branch, I would contact them (which might help as well to bring you on the mail distribution list for future events).

If you are not sure - try with the NZSA Secretary Chris Curlett: chris@curlett.co.nz.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

From today's NBR behind paywall...

Synlait argues 'enough is enough' on Pokeno plant lawsuit - Synlait says prolonged case was having 'genuine commercial impact'...

Any idea on how long the judgement will take?

Investor

NZH paywall article...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12337567

Synlait Milk chief executive Leon Clement said the company is "really comfortable" in its legal position after a two-day Supreme Court hearing wrapped up on Thursday....

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    NZH paywall article...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12337567

Synlait Milk chief executive Leon Clement said the company is "really comfortable" in its legal position after a two-day Supreme Court hearing wrapped up on Thursday....
    Full txt of the article can be seen here. Market seems to like it.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Full txt of the article can be seen here. Market seems to like it.
    Thanks lf, did read that article, sounds promising. But not sure market liking part yet, last Friday a total of 2.6mln shares changed hands at around $7 mark...just trickled up a bit today.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Thanks lf, did read that article, sounds promising. But not sure market liking part yet, last Friday a total of 2.6mln shares changed hands at around $7 mark...just trickled up a bit today.
    Well, I have been in the zoom call they are referring to and I did not think that he said anything related to the court case which should increase shareholders confidence. I guess really -

In the event it (the court case) doesn't have a favourable outcome, "we are kind of back to where we are today, which is an opportunity to continue discussions with the neighbour around how we settle, or to take further court action."
    He said that if the court decides against the company they have an opportunity to continue discussions with the neighbour which is sort of a non-brainer. However, if the settling would be that easy, than I am wondering what the parties are doing in front of the supreme court?

BTW - NZSA members can watch his presentation on the NZSA website (under NZSA videos) ... and decide for themselves.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Fidelity (FIL) has substantial interest now in SML, looks like they've been accumulating for a while.
    Last edited by sb9; 10-06-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Good recognition for Synlait

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...358/325358.pdf

Pity more companies don’t believe people and planet are just as important as profit (maybe even more)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”