sharetrader
Page 278 of 441 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 4407
    Investor

We've ASM in a week's time on next Wed 27th, it'll be interesting how that culminates on back of today's A2M's meeting.

I'd bet my last dollar ATM screwed them down even further on their extended supply contract announced today. SML are ATM's whipping boy...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'd bet my last dollar ATM screwed them down even further on their extended supply contract announced today. SML are ATM's whipping boy...
    I think SML is your whipping boy too Beagle

No doubt they've screwed them down - but not too hard - don't forget ATM owns a slice of SML.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I think SML is your whipping boy too Beagle

No doubt they've screwed them down - but not too hard - don't forget ATM owns a slice of SML.
    A2's synlait holdings contributed about 16 million dollars to last year's profits of 287 million. I'm not sure that's enough to make it worth them going easy on synlait, although I'm sure they have an interest in paying them enough to ensure their survival.

possibly raising money to pay out someone?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/344722
    one step ahead of the herd

Gearing with senior debt last time I looked was a whopping 57%, possibly quite different now, DYOR. Investors would do well to consider the word "subordinated" and what it means in the context of this company. That won't stop the issue being successful because all a lot of retail investors will see is the Synlait name, (without any understanding of the Pokeno risk) and the interest rate.

Probably wise as a contingency to raise some money now and they can always tap shareholders for more if the custard really hits the fan.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    possibly raising money to pay out someone?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/344722
    Interesting idea. They say to repay existing bank debt, but who knows.

Order of magnitude ($150m with option for up to $50 m over-subscriptions) would be roughly half of the maximum damage an unfavorable (for them) court decision could inflict.

Interest rate not yet fixed, but Chris Lee says they expect interest rate to be set at roughly 4%. This would be 1 to 1.5% higher than current blue chips bonds. Quite a substantial risk penalty if he is right ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 22-11-2019 at 10:13 AM. Reason: close the bracket ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Gearing with senior debt last time I looked was a whopping 57%, possibly quite different now, DYOR. Investors would do well to consider the word "subordinated" and what it means in the context of this company. That won't stop the issue being successful because all a lot of retail investors will see is the Synlait name, (without any understanding of the Pokeno risk) and the interest rate.

Probably wise as a contingency to raise some money now and they can always tap shareholders for more if the custard really hits the fan.
    I was half expecting you to suggest the $150m is a nice backstop for the court cases, it’s the first thing I thought. As a holder I don’t think it’s a bad move although I really can’t see the custard flying as vividly as you can.

unsecured AND subordinated ,
    nasty.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Flew over the plant last week on the approached into Chch.

As well as the font, they had a couple of lovely bright pink paths or roading through the plant.

Sure W69 would have loved it.