sharetrader
Page 132 of 431 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 4304
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Farmers down your way probably have other things on their mind today https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp
    They breed them tough in Ranfurly - at -9.1C they might almost be considering putting on a woolen jumper....

Advanced Member

We are at peak cow according to labour. Shareprice has peaked and cows have peaked

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hi minimoke,
    I am not concerned as I think the loss in milk production won't be material and I think Synlait will continue to gain market share from Fonterra.
    You should not be "thinking". You should know.

I'm back to being a happy camper again as I have heard from Synlait again this morning. They say some suppliers are located in areas affected by M bovis and currently there is no material impact on Synlait milk supply. Also M Bovis does not affect their ability to meet demand.

So I am no longer operating in an information vacuum - I feel this has now been de risked to some extent.

​​​​​​​Good on Synlait for keeping me updated.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

I'm back to being a happy camper again as I have heard from Synlait again this morning. They say some suppliers are located in areas affected by M bovis and currently there is no material impact on Synlait milk supply. Also M Bovis does not affect their ability to meet demand.

So I am no longer operating in an information vacuum - I feel this has now been de risked to some extent.

Nice one MM. Thanks for your efforts in communicating with SML and also their assurance around current scenario.

Did you ask the question as a shareholder or just a general public enquiry? I thought they can fully ignore you if they want/like either way.

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    Did you ask the question as a shareholder or just a general public enquiry? I thought they can fully ignore you if they want/like either way.
    I asked as a shareholder. It would be a pretty poor company that did not respond, in some way to an inquiry from one of its part owners.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    We are at peak cow according to labour. Shareprice has peaked and cows have peaked
    Could be interesting times if they can squeeze numbers. More stainless being added in Southland with Mataura Valley and in the North with Happy Valley, so if numbers start to level off/drift down, then pressure could start to come on supply, a la the Meat Industry.

However having said that, performance per cow could increase, or more emphasis on added value than added quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

I guess the optics of this thing is right in your face down there so I understand your need for more clarity and colour around this issue and its good that Synlait are responsive to shareholder enquiries.

I think "peak cow" is a figment of some greenie politicians imagination.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-06-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Milk supply will be sourced from the Waikato region from 1 June 2019 and
    Synlait will grow their a2 Milk(TM) and Lead With Pride(TM) programmes
    through new suppliers.

Love this bit in their announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Milk supply will be sourced from the Waikato region from 1 June 2019 and
    Synlait will grow their a2 Milk(TM) and Lead With Pride(TM) programmes
    through new suppliers.

Love this bit in their announcement
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/319620
    Increased capacity of Pokeno facility to meet demand also caught my attention. Excellent growth prospects over the years ahead, from among other things, more and more disenfranchised Fonterra suppliers jumping ship. Don't you just love love the call center contact number for interested farmers looking to supply Synlait
    0800 ADD VALUE...I got a huge smile from that, really made my morning so far
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-06-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine