sharetrader
Page 134 of 431 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 4304
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    After a global search, gotta say I was a bit underwhelmed
    The appointment might appear like that on the face of it but I'm sure he's got more calibre and know the local dairy industry thoroughly.
    I wouldn't draw any foregone conclusions with his earlier association with Fonterra being a negative one, on the other hand see it positive as he would've learnt a lesson or two on how not to screw up things like his ex employer did.

Fair to say he wasn't the guy at the top so could be extremely frustrated with how things have been going at Fonterra like a lot of others are.

0800-ADD VALUE - I think he must like the national call center number too
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-06-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    After a global search, gotta say I was a bit underwhelmed
    I suspect a lot of people at Fonterra know what they would like to do. ie, add value, rather than just be the world low-cost swing producer of milk powders, but a number of features of Fonterra constrain their ability to do this in practice. eg. its massive size where even large-ish value-add successes don't move the dial; the co-op structure with low profit retention for reinvestment; farmers risk appetite (many are massively personally indebted so would prefer cash in the hand, to two birds in the bush); Fonterra's difficulty in building businesses which would compete with key customers (Nestle etc); Fonterra's confused strategy (eg, given how much milk they already collect in NZ, why develop milk pools in more markets when they struggle to add value to all the existing NZ milk collected).

So maybe this guy knows exactly what he wants to do, wanted to do it at Fonterra but was frustrated by some of the above factors, and now he is a Synlait he can do what he's always wanted to do. And at Synlait he'll find and be supported by a company, board and mgmt. already a way down the road to adding value to milk.

seems this new CEO is boosting the SP up.

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    seems this new CEO is boosting the SP up.
    Market reaction wasn't so flash yesterday. Maybe they are moving form "underwhelmed" to "neutral" to "positive"

I’ve been really impressed with the way SML have delivered strong results over the last couple of years, there has been a noticable shift in professionalism from the company in line with growing results which is good to see.

With strong cashflow generation I can see the business growing significantly every five years as they reinvest in new plant plus new products/markets.

Happy to be a long term holder here.

Investor

From today's NBR:

Why Synlait chose Fonterra executive for top job....

Could someone summarise key points pls.....

Investor

Some big crossings going on at 11.50, more than 2mln shares crossed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Some big crossings going on at 11.50, more than 2mln shares crossed so far.
    I never know whether ‘big crossings’ are a positive or a negative for a stock ...or is it just normal activity that is sort of neutral

Still learning
    Last edited by winner69; 28-06-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”