sharetrader
Page 135 of 431 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 4304

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I never know whether ‘big crossings’ are a positive or a negative for a stock ...or is it just normal activity that is sort of neutral
    I cant figure it either. Why would you quit at $11.50?

can anyone see this 2m transaction? can not find it from snm.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    Big transaction and who knows? Again I think is A2 buying more of Synlait?

Long term it would be great to own the manufacturer of your many products to come and own a large chunk of them. I think these two shares are very similar, except Synlait have lower margins and higher sales.

Last year Synlait sales grew >50% I believe and with many more increases happening in the future with their new plant opening. I am happy to own both and would rather have no dividends from either for a while and maintain their dominance in growth. Apparently in 5 years China will only accept A2 products...... let’s use those 5 years to focus only on growth and watch the sp skyrocket!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    From today's NBR:

Why Synlait chose Fonterra executive for top job....

Could someone summarise key points pls.....
    The key point was .... he knows how to deal with a crisis. He headed Fonterra Sri Lanka when a food safety scare erupted there a few years back.
    And managed some flap in Vietnam when he was there, too.

The article didn't really match the headline for mine - I hope they didn't pick him just because he could manage a crisis: it would seem preferable if he could manage the business in such a way so as to ensure there was no crisis to manage.

To me the (slightly) better story was that he had had previous substantial experience in doing business in asia, and given that is where I think much of Synlait's business is and was, that seems useful broad experience. I think I read too that his sole experience at Fonterra was running branded goods operations, not commodities - again, that seems a good (albeit obvious) signal of how Synlait differs from Fonterra

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    The key point was .... he knows how to deal with a crisis. He headed Fonterra Sri Lanka when a food safety scare erupted there a few years back.
    And managed some flap in Vietnam when he was there, too.

The article didn't really match the headline for mine - I hope they didn't pick him just because he could manage a crisis: it would seem preferable if he could manage the business in such a way so as to ensure there was no crisis to manage.

To me the (slightly) better story was that he had had previous substantial experience in doing business in asia, and given that is where I think much of Synlait's business is and was, that seems useful broad experience. I think I read too that his sole experience at Fonterra was running branded goods operations, not commodities - again, that seems a good (albeit obvious) signal of how Synlait differs from Fonterra
    Appreciate your summary jq8512, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    It was not all in one transaction, if I remember correctly there were tranches of 200k, 400k, 50k and in those multiples. SNM wipes out old transactions with latest ones and you cannot see previous trades once they're populated with latest trades.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

They're nailing their green credentials to the mast.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201806...y7x3xlmhnb.pdf

It's a comprehensive approach. Good stuff!

Advanced Member

https://hotcopper.com.au/documentdow...oIke92GA%3D%3D

I don’t know if these stats are still correct, but how much of Synlait is owned by the Chinese shareholders?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    https://hotcopper.com.au/documentdow...oIke92GA%3D%3D

I don’t know if these stats are still correct, but how much of Synlait is owned by the Chinese shareholders?
    Yep, they still have close to 40%

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    They're nailing their green credentials to the mast.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201806...y7x3xlmhnb.pdf

It's a comprehensive approach. Good stuff!
    Here's why rejecting PKE matters: https://news.mongabay.com/2018/04/in...report-alleges

Bad politics, ecological disaster.

The Kid

Well done Synlait, industry lesders.