sharetrader
Page 154 of 431 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 4304
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Its not a simple as that.

Excellent artiicle from guru Keith Woodford here: https://www.interest.co.nz/rural-new...will%C2%A0take

Theres around a 7 - 10 year process.
    It has been for a number of farmers.
    As pointed out in the article Synlait paid for testing ,so farmers could separate their herds.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Why would that happen.?
    Most people are more than happy with A1 milk.
    Synlait and Fontera are having no trouble sourcing A2 milk.
    Just a matter of testing herds, and separating A2 cows from A1 cows.
    I think you will find that the export market will be huge for A2 milk with all of China possibly becoming A2 milk only. Synlait will benefit more from exports than local markets and with the ATM partnership will help elevate both to huge companies. As for Fonterra, they will help ATM while it is able to, but Fonterra will be dropped as soon as Synlait can produce all of A2s products which will be huge in 5-10 years time.

I also believe that Synlait may become privatised within 3 years with up to four major shareholders on board

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Wait till you hear their update re pending CFDA approvals for their two other IF brands "Akara" and "Pure Canterbury".
    Sounds exciting
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

trouble at mill.

Routine maintenance of a system at Synlait Dunsandel (NZX: SML; ASX: SM1) has
    caused minor damage to a part of the site energy centre, which has resulted
    in a precautionary site evacuation.
    Synlait anticipates business as usual activities to resume
    early in the afternoon.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    trouble at mill.

Routine maintenance of a system at Synlait Dunsandel (NZX: SML; ASX: SM1) has
    caused minor damage to a part of the site energy centre, which has resulted
    in a precautionary site evacuation.
    Synlait anticipates business as usual activities to resume
    early in the afternoon.
    Business as usual. Let the white gold flow

Investor

2 days of trading until the big reveal on Wed.
    Will be nice if they receive or on course to get CFDA approval for their two remaining IF brands (Akara and Pure Canterbury) and also USFDA approval of their Munchkin brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Reloaded my ANZ securities call account today in anticipation of some action this week. .
    I'm hoping that opportunity doesnt arise as it would suggest a slump in SP. Now might be the time to get in before the increase in SP happens. Theres a few cheapies going at $13.06 which you might like before the Ozzies wake up today.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm hoping that opportunity doesnt arise as it would suggest a slump in SP. Now might be the time to get in before the increase in SP happens. Theres a few cheapies going at $13.06 which you might like before the Ozzies wake up today.
    I want to see how they're going on Wed before milking it any more. Analysts usually day a day or two to rework their models so there's a clear time advantage on Wed morning being one's own analyst
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-09-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I want to see how they're going on Wed before milking it any more. Analysts usually day a day or two to rework their models so there's a clear time advantage on Wed morning being one's own analyst
    No doubt.

And while I am sure the results will be amazing, am I not sure whether they will be good enough to satisfy the expectations of a forward looking market? I guess looking at their current growth rates - how long can they keep doing this in a sustainable way?

They doubled their manufacturing capacity this year. Hard to do that again in the next year ... i.e. growth rates will need to drop. We will see, how the market is taking this.

Discl: still holding a sizeable parcel, but sold recently some down to keep the market value in line with some other bigger holdings I have.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 17-09-2018 at 02:34 PM. Reason: fixed some fingertrouble ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hopefully SP will be down significantly on the well signalled seasonally slower 2H so we can pick up a few more.