sharetrader
Page 168 of 431 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 4304

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    It not just milk shares , all my aussie healthcare stocks are well down today Cochlear down 4.5% CSL down over 3% markets have the october blues. It a good thing, hopefully it continues a while and creates some good buying opportunities.
    Perhaps you are right, some deep breaths and long term thinking and planning required. I am 41% cash and in no hurry to put any of it to work at present.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This dog just went for a long brisk walk to destress and had a long chat to himself so too speak that I am not investing for tomorrow or next month or next year...I am investing for the long run and a comfortable retirement in about 10 years time. Nothing fundamentally has changed about the growth story and the PE is very reasonable for a company that just increased its profits by close to 90% and has a clearly articulated long term growth story ahead.
    Yup, I've taken a deep breath and reminded myself of the same. An excellent reminder why NOT to look at long term shares on a daily basis.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Yup, I've taken a deep breath and reminded myself of the same. An excellent reminder why NOT to look at long term shares on a daily basis.
    You lot seem to look at them on an hourly basis :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    You lot seem to look at them on an hourly basis :-)
    Im looking for a tool that gives instant updates when SP head up and locks me out of my browser when it heads down - its death by a thousand cuts at the moment

percy

Perhaps you are right, some deep breaths and long term thinking and planning required. I am 41% cash and in no hurry to put any of it to work at present.
    In the meantime OCA is coming your way.
    Don't let Couta1 get them all.!!..lol
    Last edited by percy; 09-10-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Im looking for a tool that gives instant updates when SP head up and locks me out of my browser when it heads down - its death by a thousand cuts at the moment
    LOL, classic.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    In the meantime OCA is coming your way.
    Don't let Couta1 get them all.!!..lol
    He just called me and told me he's in the midst of doing a Couta on them lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

LOL, classic.

He just called me and told me he's in the midst of doing a Couta on them lol
    At $1.19 and $1.20 I think he has done well.

Seriously, I went three months without looking at shares during my darkest time. I didn't look at news, told my family and friends I didn't want any updates etc. It was December 2013 to February 2014. It was the best thing I could have done. Checking shares daily is draining and its not like it changes anything. I still do it compulsively at the moment, however.

Death by a thousand cuts is a good description.

One last thing, Jack Bogle said in an interview once that as investors there are times that we have to "take our lumps". I track my net worth every month and have been doing so to the nearest dollar over a nearly 10 year period. The drama in the chart!! Plenty of lumps but over the 10 years it moves upwards and to the right as you would hope. Over a single month? All hell can break loose.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 09-10-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Seriously, I went three months without looking at shares during my darkest time. I didn't look at news, told my family and friends I didn't want any updates etc. It was December 2013 to February 2014. It was the best thing I could have done. Checking shares daily is draining and its not like it changes anything. I still do it compulsively at the moment, however.

Death by a thousand cuts is a good description.
    Investors don't need to check shares daily but traders need to check them by the minute.

Strong finish to day ......up 3.5% from the lows of the day

That’s a good positive sign

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”