sharetrader
Page 183 of 441 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 4406

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You are being blind sided by a usual manufacturing problem which students of Measurement 101 would understand. What is important - the observation of inputs (people enrolling) or the measurement of outputs (people who leave a course able to speak Maori)

Signups are meaningless

So often its not brief. 20 seconds you are getting the cut down version. But that is still 20 seconds that could be spent drilling down into the hard numbers.
    An understanding of the language and culture is intended output for most Te Reo courses, not fluency. I'd suggest most meet the objective.
    I'm just surprised that in 2018 a business leader doing an intro in Te Reo is still an issue. Its pretty standard at many events I attend. Part of being a NZ'er, connected to Aotearoa.

p.s. wonder if Ngai Tahu will go A2 at Eyrewell, useful volume of milk for someone. Or longer term even take a position in SML itself ?

Quote Originally Posted by nizzy View Post
    An understanding of the language and culture is intended output for most Te Reo courses, not fluency. I'd suggest most meet the objective.
    In the absence of any data to validate your view, I'll take your word for it. Seems to me to be a low bar of achievement, but there you go.

I'm just surprised that in 2018 a business leader doing an intro in Te Reo is still an issue. Its pretty standard at many events I attend.
    Yup - pretty standard for most events i go to as well. But I have no idea what the speaker is trying to achieve when next to no-one has a clue what they are saying. Without exception there is no translation
    Part of being a NZ'er, connected to Aotearoa.
    Its a pretty weird world where people feel connected by listening to something they can't comprehend. Sadly its a level of virtue I'll never achieve.

p.s. wonder if Ngai Tahu will go A2 at Eyrewell, useful volume of milk for someone. Or longer term even take a position in SML itself ?
    If westland Milk are getting into it no reason why others wont be. But its not just the milk thats important. Its your brand and certification that goes along with it.

Kia ora ! In the mean time , while the languge debate continues, and whether the intro should be translated or not ( I for one think it definaitly should) otherwise it is just arogent and rude and irelavent ) , the SP pokes it head above the MA30 line for the first time in over 2 months. The MACD continues to rise . This might be a good time to buy some more. I managed to pick up a few k yesterday afternoon at 8.60 .

Kia ora! I te wa o te wa, ka haere tonu te tautohetohe, mehemea me whakaputahia te whakawhitinga, kaore ranei (me whakaaro tetahi ki te whakapae) mehemea he tika noa iho, he whakaheke me te hekore), ka pana te SP i runga ake i te raina MA30 mo te wa tuatahi i roto i te 2 marama. Kei te piki ake te MACD. He wa pai tenei hei hoko atu i etahi atu. I whakahaerehia e au ki te kohikohi i etahi ra i te ahiahi o te ahiahi i te 8.60.

I have no idea if that is correct

ka pai Yoda. Neither do I , we both need to go on a course

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

I have no idea if that is correct
    If I was the virtuous type I would be impressed!

Synlait up with the play and global trends

PINK is the now colour

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/2019-color-trends
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I'm listening to the audio of the AGM
    https://www.synlait.com/wp-content/u...audio-file.mp3
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I'm listening to the audio of the AGM
    https://www.synlait.com/wp-content/u...audio-file.mp3
    Got to the applause yet ....
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

He ihu kurī, he tangata haere
    Like a dog follows his nose, man will find opportunity.

We'll I've sniffed over this one and I reckon there's awesome growth in the years ahead.

P.S. I am definitely with Minimoke on this one. If people choose to speak or write in Maori I think the right thing to do is that a translation should be provided.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-11-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Got to the applause yet ....
    no but I can begin to appreciate why minimoke went on about the touchy feely stuff being a bit strong. I'm feeling a holisticked !
    Though for the record I am happy for Te Reo to be supported - no other country is going to do it so I believe its NZ's responsibility
    Happier to hear about electro plating and electro ferrin etc etc
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....