sharetrader
Page 193 of 431 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4304

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am expecting good things when Synlait report in due course, (ATM infant milk powder sales were well above SML's production forecast issued some time back), and I really like the fact that their new facility in Pokeno is both proceeding to plan but also easily scale-able and has a catchment area of 150 km's which basically covers all of the highly productive Waikato area. .
    Which is going to make it a bit harder for farmers to decide to go with SML or Fonterra with their A2 supply. I reckon SML with their values and track record will be more appealing.

Fonterror's track record truly is shocking and abysmal. A complete no brainer decision if you ask me.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Fonterror's track record truly is shocking and abysmal. A complete no brainer decision if you ask me.
    ... and don't forget that any supplier to Fonterror must hold their shares, binding up a lot of capital they certainly could use better otherwise (like improve their farm or buy Synlait shares instead). Synlait suppiers are not required to hold Synlait shares (though they may and probably want to ;

Why would anybody want to supply milk to the Fonterror monster if they don't have to ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... and don't forget that any supplier to Fonterror must hold their shares, binding up a lot of capital they certainly could use better otherwise (like improve their farm or buy Synlait shares instead). Synlait suppiers are not required to hold Synlait shares (though they may and probably want to ;

Why would anybody want to supply milk to the Fonterror monster if they don't have to ...
    I think its safe to assume that's a rhetorical question
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just a reminder that ATM has 31m shares in SML. So when SML goes up so does ATM. Thanks SML - thats added another $31m to ATM's value over the last couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Just a reminder that ATM has 31m shares in SML. So when SML goes up so does ATM. Thanks SML - thats added another $31m to ATM's value over the last couple of months.
    Did you note the $69m loss ATM made on their listed investments in their half year.

Just as well A2 don’t count these ups and downs in the ‘Profit after tax’ eh

What did A2 pay for the last lot of shares?
    Last edited by winner69; 21-02-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Did you note the $69m loss ATM made on their listed investments in their half year.

Just as well A2 don’t count these ups and downs in the ‘Profit after tax’ eh

What did A2 pay for those shares?
    Yes I saw that - accounts as at december dont reflect the recent nice uptick.

More importantly - how will we value our shares in light of a CGT. Valuation Day will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Yes I saw that - accounts as at december dont reflect the recent nice uptick.

More importantly - how will we value our shares in light of a CGT. Valuation Day will be interesting.
    Probably not the right thread ... but valueing shares for CGT would be one of smallest problems ; Just pick the closing price at the day.
    Try to value instead any unlisted business or property or piece of art or stamp collection ... Thats' where the fun would come in ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 21-02-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

A2 did buy their first 8% odd at just over $3
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Folks bored over at ATM. Now powering up SML. Good to see it at $10.20. Onwards and upwards