sharetrader
Page 52 of 442 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11250373

Potentially just a bit of 'lost in translation' - but if this piece is correct then Synlait's 'stockpiles' are actually worth whatever we can flog them for anywhere other than China.
    Last edited by sommelier; 06-05-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by sommelier View Post

Potentially just a bit of 'lost in translation' - but if this piece is correct then Synlait's 'stockpiles' are actually worth whatever we can flog them for anywhere other than China.
    yeah - heard that in the news and was worried as well. I guess a clarification from Synlait whether (and if yes how bad) they are effected would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sommelier View Post

I am playing it safe and taking a profit on some, buy again when this things settles

They are updating their plant to meet the Chinese requirements. And have been
    doing this for some time. Updates will be finished in June 2014.
    Word on the grapevine.... this Chinese surplus is probably now going to India.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    BB the biggest worry(for any exporter) is the damage that no being able to provide a constant supply chain of product will do.
    Poeple move away from products that have supply issue's and there is plenty of choice in china.
    Yes I agree, But these guys have known about the changes for some time, thats why
    they are updating plant. It's this product that has been put up in a timing error (according the the Chinese)
    Thats causing the problem. Did the "they's" miss inturperate . Seams so !!
    BB

BY the way .....we are not talking about total product here.
    I forget the actual amount, someone else might know
    BB

The media are creating their usual sh*tstorm over this issue at present , does'nt help the shareprice and just creates uncertainty. But the Sky's not falling and theres little sense in running round in circtes, things will settle , Synlait will go on producing and selling product (to someone) and they'll get registration . trading will return to normal when that happens. I'm sure Bright dairy will be giving Synlait a rev up too.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    The media are creating their usual sh*tstorm over this issue at present , does'nt help the shareprice and just creates uncertainty. But the Sky's not falling and theres little sense in running round in circtes, things will settle , Synlait will go on producing and selling product (to someone) and they'll get registration . trading will return to normal when that happens. I'm sure Bright dairy will be giving Synlait a rev up too.
    actually - I send yesterday a question to their investor relations asking what, if any impact the latest MPI announcement would have on them. Their response: "Any impact in relation to the announcement by MPI will have very little impact. We are continuing to work with MPI and CNCA to ensure any impact is minimised and if possible removed altogether."

So I guess its business as usual ...

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    EXZAKALLY
    Good post
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    actually - I send yesterday a question to their investor relations asking what, if any impact the latest MPI announcement would have on them. Their response: "Any impact in relation to the announcement by MPI will have very little impact. We are continuing to work with MPI and CNCA to ensure any impact is minimised and if possible removed altogether."

So I guess its business as usual ...
    Good for you BP , hope you told them to pull finger!!