sharetrader
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: EstarOnline Ltd

Hi sailor1 and percy

I see that this is your first post sailor1 so welcome aboard the Sharetrader Forum. It is a very good forum with a number of good posters full of good and useful ideas - not always agreeable!! I have found it very useful when making investment decisions and the discussions have probably saved me from many an investment mistake over the years.

Very pleased to see that you like myself and percy is an Estar holder.

When I first bought into Estar there were only 6 staff in total and now as you point out percy there are 43. Have just looked at their site and see that they are still looking for 2 more staff;

- Ecomerce Sales Consultant
    - Business Services - Customer Support

Cheers
    Last edited by SCOTTY; 18-03-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    SCOTTY

Thanks for the welcome aboard Scotty & Percy. Have followed the share market for over 40 years and have only ever invested money I could afford to lose.
    Most of my present holdings are small, low cap speculative stocks and I've always been a keen follower of precious metals, but also look to stocks with good yields.
    The 12.5% dividend yield on Estar is fantastic. What do you think the chances are of them going back someday to the main board? This would have to be good for the share price don't you think?

Also hold on ASX: AZM, GDY, KGL [this one looks really good to me]
    on NZX: GEL, HGD, CRP, NZE [great yield over the years on this and have had my initial investment at 8 cents well paid back].
    Cheers
    Sailor

percy

You certainly are a believer in "may you live in intersting times" with you "collection" of interesting shares.I know the NZ ones, but had to look up the Aussie ones ,as I had not heard of them.On charts GDY and KGL look as they are on the rise.Look forward to you sharing you thoughts on them,with us.As well as the NZ ones.
    Estar's future ,and chances of main board listing.? I don't know.What is interesting is that their market cap is only $8mil.With their "Rolls Royce" list of clients including Ezy Buy and JB Hi Fi ,their excellent staff ,and being leaders in on line e- commerce, I don't think they will be able to stay under the radar for too much longer.I therefore think we will be taken out some time.Until then we will enjoy nice divies and have pleasure watching the progress of this exciting company.
    Last edited by percy; 18-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Hope we are not "taken out". I'd prefer to hang in for the ride but you're quite possibly right on this. For me some dilution via an issue, with shares offered to existing shareholders at a slight discount to market, would be preferable. I guess time will tell.
    I follow my ASX shares chat-wise on Hotcopper, have maintained my portfolio for both the NZX and ASX for some 15 or more years on the old NZ Herald site, now www.findata.co.nz.
    Naturally I do follow the charts, but, with an accounting background, am more of a fundamentalist at heart.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by sailor1 View Post
    Hope we are not "taken out". I'd prefer to hang in for the ride but you're quite possibly right on this. For me some dilution via an issue, with shares offered to existing shareholders at a slight discount to market, would be preferable. I guess time will tell.
    I follow my ASX shares chat-wise on Hotcopper, have maintained my portfolio for both the NZX and ASX for some 15 or more years on the old NZ Herald site, now www.findata.co.nz.
    Naturally I do follow the charts, but, with an accounting background, am more of a fundamentalist at heart.
    Yes I am also afundamentalist,however I look at charts to get a quick picture of a company's recent share price direction.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor1 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome aboard Scotty & Percy. Have followed the share market for over 40 years and have only ever invested money I could afford to lose.
    Most of my present holdings are small, low cap speculative stocks and I've always been a keen follower of precious metals, but also look to stocks with good yields.
    The 12.5% dividend yield on Estar is fantastic. What do you think the chances are of them going back someday to the main board? This would have to be good for the share price don't you think?

Also hold on ASX: AZM, GDY, KGL [this one looks really good to me]
    on NZX: GEL, HGD, CRP, NZE [great yield over the years on this and have had my initial investment at 8 cents well paid back].
    Cheers
    Sailor
    Hi Sailor
    The EstarOnline 1c divi is a little misleading as it is really last years divi (.5c) which was not paid due to unexpected eathquake costs and this years .5c giving a total of 1c. The details are covered in the "Shareholder Dividend Letter" which is on the www.estaronline.com site and gives guidence on future payout policy. With the business growing at 20%+, future divis look pretty attractive to me. As you say it would have to be good for the share price if it were to list.
    Regards
    SCOTTY

There is a very good article on EstarOnline in the Christchurch Press yesterday written by Alan Wood:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/bus...n-growth-curve
    Last edited by SCOTTY; 11-04-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    SCOTTY

Any idea how hard it is for Estaronline to fill vacancies for their growth? Surely the money is better in OZ for the staff they are targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Any idea how hard it is for Estaronline to fill vacancies for their growth? Surely the money is better in OZ for the staff they are targeting.
    Hi slimwin

I see on their web site [www.estaronline.com] that they are currently looking for support staff:

- Business Development Manager.
    - Business Services - customer support
    - Reception/Admin/Accounts

I have regularly attended the EstarOnline agm's and have always been most impressed by the number of staff who are shareholders. They are all very bright, keen and supportive of the business. I have also met the management and a number of the staff. They are a great bunch who obviously all work very well together - no dought a great environment and a good place to work in.

Other than support/sales staff in Australia my understanding is that all the tech work is done in Christchurch. This is the big strength of an IT business, you can do most of the work from home. Take a look at their client list and you will see what I mean.
    SCOTTY

I bought into this then find out my neigbours, daughters, boyfriend works for them. Small world. He's only been there a couple of years but they're always busy and always hiring. That's gotta be two ticks.