sharetrader
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: EstarOnline Ltd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    More concerned when they start sellling :0

No options on issue - no wonder they are having trouble attracting staff. Issue options at market price and in theory they are free (ie. replaced the bonus they would otherwise have got but saves you cash) and gives the employee an incentive to make the company worth more. In my opinion, options work better with a smaller company than a bigger company as individual employees can actually have an impact on the results. Common, if not expected in a small tech company and especially since this company has liquidity, even better (most small companies would ban selling to outside investors).
    With staff numbers increasing to 45 there have been more buyers than sellers.As staff numbers are steadily increasing I see the pattern of more buyers than sellers continuing for a number of years. I do know of one staff member, who has left the company and has moved out of ChCh, has recently added to her large holding.
    Options.You may be right,however I do not like seeing options being issued.Usually means the focus of the company changes away from shareholders to management and staff.

Quote fron CJ: -no wonder they are having trouble attracting staff. /QUOTE]

Not true.

EstarOnline has attracted and continues to attract excellant staff. It just needs more of them now due to the companys fast rate of growth.
    Last edited by SCOTTY; 19-08-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    SCOTTY

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Quote fron CJ: -no wonder they are having trouble attracting staff. /QUOTE]

Not true.

EstarOnline has attracted and continues to attract excellant staff. It just needs more of them now due to the companys fast rate of growth.
    My comment refered to your post #70:

Apparently their biggest difficulty is getting the staff numbers up. They are currently looking for software developers and a business developer. Jobs are advertised on their site: www.estaronline.com
    I may have interpreted wrong as rereading it now it seems it they are hiring quickly that the issue is the supply of good talent - having said that, better remuneration cant hinder.

Percy - staff maybe buying now and agree that is a good indication. But will you know when/if the staff start selling and will their be any depth left by the time you find out (provided the company keeps growing this may never an issue). What rules does the company have in relation to staff selling shares.

Options plans can be good or bad. my view is they can work better in a small business where the share price (and hence the reward) is more influenced by individual actions rather than just the rise and fall of the market (ie. give a telecom employee a few thousand options and their return will be determined by things other than their efforts. Give a few thousand options to a developer in a small company building their next project and he will share in the gain if the project delivers a new income stream)
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

percy

[

Percy - staff maybe buying now and agree that is a good indication. But will you know when/if the staff start selling and will their be any depth left by the time you find out (provided the company keeps growing this may never an issue). What rules does the company have in relation to staff selling shares.

I do n't think there are any rules for staff buying or selling.As far as I know they just inform Amy they want to buy /sell and she arranges it.
    I will not know when/if staff start selling.Should they move to depth,it would be helpful.As the company is targeting to double in the next 3 or 4 years I would expect more people being attracted to buying ,rather than selling.Then the SP will be interesting,as will be the size of divies being paid.
    Last edited by percy; 19-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks to all the replies, it was exactly what I was looking for. I learn a lot more from robust debate rather than a buy or not buy recommendation

While I'm motivated to direct invest myself, i reckon I'm at least a couple of months away from gathering enough info to make my first purchase.

(it will probably take me that long just to read all the posts here

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwi View Post
    Thanks to all the replies, it was exactly what I was looking for.
    Agree - good conversation.

Percy - Got you DM - thanks. will investigate as I do think these small growth IT companies are the future for NZ. You only have to look at the negative criticism (rightly or wrongly) that Xero gets to understand why they dont go public.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

To read the EstarOnline, CEO Address to Shareholders at the 16th Aug. 2012 AGM - go to:

www.estaronline.com/investor-relations
    SCOTTY

Advanced Member

Further to your reply on TUA Percy..

Have perused pages 1 to 6 and find that it is mainly a mutual admiration club of 2 expanding to about possibly 6 !!.. :-))

This does not mean that I will not continue researching this interesting company. ..

Thanks for the heads up..

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Further to your reply on TUA Percy..

Have perused pages 1 to 6 and find that it is mainly a mutual admiration club of 2 expanding to about possibly 6 !!.. :-))

This does not mean that I will not continue researching this interesting company. ..

Thanks for the heads up..
    This thread is a bit like life;the haves and the have nots.!!!!!!
    The haves own shares in Estar and are looking to increase their holdings, as they are comfortable with the company and see a bright future. [I currently have a buy order in for another 100,000].
    The have nots.Who, as history has proved , wait in hope and miss out.

percy

The up graded investor relations page of estaronline.com is a big improvement.Selling depth,and 3months trading history is now shown.
    The CEO's AGM presentation is a must read for anyone who wants to understand Estar more.
    I note on HVN Harvey Norman thread on Aussie forum some very interesting comments from KW .Another must read,to see the affects online retailers are having on traditional retailers.