You seem to be under the impression that there is only one type of investor.....bit simplistic, don't you think? If you have a look at my signature you might surmise ,if you were sufficiently astute, that my focus is on dividends not capital growth. I'm not looking at growing my wealth but preserving it and providing an annual stream of revenue to top up my super. This is on-going and so far has been reliable and requires very little work and tweeking. Have outperformed my benchmark of TD of 4% by having an overall gross yield of 9.3%. MVN is one of the regulars that make up that portfolio. Your examples of super growth are reliant on someone making all the right decisions and a certain amount of luck (or a lack of bad decisions). The investors who fit that profile are few and far between. I'm modest in that I don't believe I can beat the market so work with that as my back up philosophy. MVN has been a steady dividend producer.
Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
Dividend must be weighed up against capital growth.While you have enjoyed your dividends,you have lost capital.In fact 16.47% since December 2004.
Had you invested in any of the following you would have enjoyed more modest dividends,however you would rejoice in the capital growth ;EBO 164.87%..POT329.13%..FRE 155.74%..MFT.573% LPC.75.44%..MHI 325%.