sharetrader
Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: MVN Methven

Typical erratic Methven result. Maybe even one of their better years in that they actually generated sufficient cash to pay the dividend

You need to bear in mind that there is a $4-$5m depreciation and amortisation so NPAT is not really indicative of cash generation.

No reason why you shouldn't continue to get a 9-10 cent divie .... for new comers what upu pay for such a divie (only partly imputed)

Just wish they wouldn't tout themselves as a growth company ---- will only lead to tears
    Last edited by winner69; 22-05-2014 at 07:54 PM.

I'll send you some hankies in time for the next dividend payment W69
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Typical erratic Methven result. Maybe even one of their better years in that they actually generated sufficient cash to pay the dividend

You need to bear in mind that there is a $4-$5m depreciation and amortisation so NPAT is not really indicative of cash generation.

No reason why you shouldn't continue to get a 9-10 cent divie .... for new comers what upu pay for such a divie (only partly imputed)

Just wish they wouldn't tout themselves as a growth company ---- will only lead to tears
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

So the Chinese deal all tied up and put to bed - good

Good that the earnings for 2014 from this business exceeded the maximum threshold (had to pay full price) .......and will add $2m to profit in 2015

Good stuff

Should add 2 cents to eps .....at 15 times earnings so another 30 cents to the share price

Watch this space
    Last edited by winner69; 30-06-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Banned

So the Chinese deal all tied up and put to bed - good

Good that the earnings for 2014 from this business exceeded the maximum threshold (had to pay full price) .......and will add $2m to profit in 2015

Good stuff

Should add 2 cents to eps .....at 15 times earnings so another 30 cents to the share price

Watch this space
    Careful winner your starting to sound bullish on this stock I might be convinced to buy a few more of them

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Careful winner your starting to sound bullish on this stock I might be convinced to buy a few more of them
    Cool is the word.Any time you feel like that, just take a cold "Methven Satin Jet" shower.Keep repeating, until such time you cure your head of such evil thoughts.!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Just thinking like guru analysts .... sort off

Always see the +ve and build it in to your forecasts and targets

MVN say deal add $2m to bottom line ... that's 3 cents a share (even on the higher number with the ones they issued today) .... MVN been a PE of 15 or more for a while ,,,, so the new stuff should add 45 cents to the share price

I said a lower number before because existing eps is diluted by the new shares.

If I was a real bullish guru analyst I would underlying profits would increase as well in 2015 say to 10 cents (and that's pretty pathetic as well) .... add the 3 cents on and you get 13 cents .... PE of 15 and in years time share price of nearly $2 .... and a dividend of at least 12 cents so on todays price at least a 10% yield

Get it now .... very logical and easy peasy

Just thinking like guru analysts .... sort off

Always see the +ve and build it in to your forecasts and targets

MVN say deal add $2m to bottom line ... that's 3 cents a share (even on the higher number with the ones they issued today) .... MVN been a PE of 15 or more for a while ,,,, so the new stuff should add 45 cents to the share price

I said a lower number before because existing eps is diluted by the new shares.

If I was a real bullish guru analyst I would underlying profits would increase as well in 2015 say to 10 cents (and that's pretty pathetic as well) .... add the 3 cents on and you get 13 cents .... PE of 15 and in years time share price of nearly $2 .... and a dividend of at least 12 cents so on todays price at least a 10% yield

Get it now .... very logical and easy peasy
    Trouble is that this news is already priced in. See the company forecast they gave at the full year. See pg 26
    http://www.methven.com/yk-files/19c5...esentation.pdf
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Trouble is that this news is already priced in. See the company forecast they gave at the full year. See pg 26
    http://www.methven.com/yk-files/19c5...esentation.pdf
    You are so right noodles

Guidance: NPAT from existing operations to be modest and 15%-25% up including benefits of our acquisition

Hardly exciting stuff is it. Acquisition to bring in an extra $1m in 2015 (half year) with the full $2m in 2016

So 2014 NPAT was $5.4m, guidance for 2015 then be $6.2m to $6.75m. Increase of $0.8m / $1.35m - modest increase in existing is indeed modest)

EPS then of 8.8/9.5 cents per share

PE on current price 12/13 ..... yield on 9 cent divie then about 8% (bloody good)

So no $2 coming up ... the market knew this all the time

But betcha some analyst will come up with $1.50 target sometime .... full year of acquisition to kick in in 2916 and one day MVN has to do better

What share of retirement home taps they have couta?

Banned

Winner reading your earlier bullish post you sounded like a former Amway salesman actually they had a pretty good showerhead amongst their products back in the day. Methven have a very small share of retirement home taps if the Wellington pattern is anything to go by so far just one home has there gear in it, perhaps I could become a methven salesman as a side job PS-Just got a nice MVN divvy in my bank account
    Last edited by couta1; 01-07-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Couta - maybe analysts/brokers are just like the Amway sales people after all!