sharetrader
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: MVN Methven

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Bit funny - Rick Fala resigned as non-executive director from the board, effective immediately. He was CEO for a long time, but served after that for less than a year as director. They didn't even bothered to give a reason for the sudden exit ... trouble around the board table?
    Rick probably heard the new guy going on about his new three point plan and said holy **** I'm out of here

The new guy reading between the lines is blaming the past bosses poor execution and all that.

So methinks Rick just not going to stand in the way of letting the new guy getting on doing his thing. And prob said good luck mate as he left

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Rick probably heard the new guy going on about his new three point plan and said holy **** I'm out of here

The new guy reading between the lines is blaming the past bosses poor execution and all that.

So methinks Rick just not going to stand in the way of letting the new guy getting on doing his thing. And prob said good luck mate as he left
    I think you would be "right on the money." lol.

Oh how cynical Percy

I think he stole his script from the girls at pumpkin patch

Same strategy / same result
    Hmm - the comparison might not be quite fair. Agreed - both companies have problems, but there is a huge difference in scale. MVN has still a great product, however some issues with effectively marketing it. PPL on the other hand try to push a quality brand without having the quality goods. It appears their supply chain prefers to source leftovers from 2$ shops.

Hmm - the comparison might not be quite fair. Agreed - both companies have problems, but there is a huge difference in scale. MVN has still a great product, however some issues with effectively marketing it. PPL on the other hand try to push a quality brand without having the quality goods. It appears their supply chain prefers to source leftovers from 2$ shops.
    C'mon Blackpeter, a taps a tap to most punters.

Don't PPL and MVN strategies sound very similar - great products and we need to get closer to consumers/customers and to fix everything up we do multi year strategic reviews

Maybe there is something in Fala leaving MVN and now the founder of Pumpkin leaving as well.

Either hey realise they stuffed up badly on their shifts are they just cope with all these new buzz words (and probably flash PowerPoint presentations) that are being used and threw their arms up in horror. We shouldn't forget it was those people who made both what they are.

Now both companies have laid out their plans and promises we follow progress with interest

percy

Now both companies have laid out their plans and promises we follow progress with interest
    For me this is the great "interest" I enjoy about the share market.
    Fantastic presentations,wonderful visions.
    And we watch with interest, to see who can achieve these visions ,before we invest in their company,and laugh at the tossers who can always find excuses for failing.[including not returning phone calls.]

C'mon Blackpeter, a taps a tap to most punters.
    Well - yes, maybe to most punters ... the trick with selling luxury goods is to find just enough customers who see the difference and are happy to pay for it. Overall - I do take the CEO's presentation with a grain of salt, but I think that it might be anyway worthwhile to apply some "wait and see". MVN typically seems to go up after the AGM - and comes down again in the March to June announcement . I.e. plenty of time to watch how the new broom is working before I need to make a decision whether to stay or to go ...

Discl: holding

percy

I agree with you "plenty of time to watch how the new broom is working." Sensible.

Well - yes, maybe to most punters ... the trick with selling luxury goods is to find just enough customers who see the difference and are happy to pay for it. Overall - I do take the CEO's presentation with a grain of salt, but I think that it might be anyway worthwhile to apply some "wait and see". MVN typically seems to go up after the AGM - and comes down again in the March to June announcement . I.e. plenty of time to watch how the new broom is working before I need to make a decision whether to stay or to go ...

Discl: holding
    Methven taps - luxury items?

Not like some French ones advertised a few years ago as 'shaped and designed to thrill' ......the promotional video was not suitable for family viewing

percy

SP $1.06 yesterday.
    Will February 2012 price of $1.02 be tested?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    SP $1.06 yesterday.
    Will February 2012 price of $1.02 be tested?
    Good question, suspect most people will think twice before selling such a nice dividend earner at such a low price, but than - who knows? Its in my books with a forward P/E of 11.8 and a long term P/E of 12.2. Looking quite nice compared to some of the overpriced growth stocks with negative earnings.

Discl: holding. DYOR;