sharetrader
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: MVN Methven

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another great move by MVN .....won’t make them any more money but keeps them in the game longer.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...705/283877.pdf

Percy, don’t we love all the buzzwords in MVN announcements ...compelling, passionate commitment, enabled elevation etc etc ....hope they come out with another glossy presentation soon.
    Another awesome announcement.
    Yes we wait with a sense excitement for their next glossy long winded presentation.
    It will be stunning.
    One of the market's great mysteries, that MVN's performance never matches promises.
    May be it is different this time,?

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    I have a note with company target of $130m revnue for the year 2020.
    Cheers - and what a relieve ... I guess they still can get there, can't they ?

Noting though, that analyst consensus for 2020 is only 119 m (http://www.4-traders.com/METHVEN-LIM...48/financials/). How come the analysts are that downbeat, that's not how I remember them ...?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Another awesome announcement.
    Yes we wait with a sense excitement for their next glossy long winded presentation.
    It will be stunning.
    One of the market's great mysteries, that MVN's performance never matches promises.
    May be it is different this time,?
    They actually don’t do that bad (performance and financial wise) .....it’s just that they think of themselves as a growth company and tout that to the disappointment of the market.

If they said that they were really just a solid company that keeps innovating and doing other good things to stay in the game they probably would be quite well thought off and as a reliable dividend paying company some of us wouldn’t mock them.
    Last edited by winner69; 06-08-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Cheers - and what a relieve ... I guess they still can get there, can't they ?

Noting though, that analyst consensus for 2020 is only 119 m (http://www.4-traders.com/METHVEN-LIM...48/financials/). How come the analysts are that downbeat, that's not how I remember them ...?
    Mm, can not answer that BP, you have to asked the analysts. I think however their could be signs of better things to come.

Mm, can not answer that BP, you have to asked the analysts. I think however their could be signs of better things to come.
    That's interesting. Do you want to share with us why you think that?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    That's interesting. Do you want to share with us why you think that?
    I have toured both their old Auckland factory and there replacement new factory. The old factory had a very old feel to it, a bit like a working museum.
    The layout was inefficient. The new factory is set up efficient for their processes and has spare capacity for growth. I noticed the production manager challenging the sales force too increase sales, as far as the production manager was concerned he was more than ready to crank production up. This banter was music to my ears.
    I also notice that 2 independent directors and the Chairman purchased shares last year in September, Ritchard Cutfield, Steve Tucker and Alison Barrass respectively.
    David Banfield the CEO who has been in this position now for a few years is putting his stamp on MVN.

percy

I have toured both their old Auckland factory and there replacement new factory. The old factory had a very old feel to it, a bit like a working museum.
    The layout was inefficient. The new factory is set up efficient for their processes and has spare capacity for growth. I noticed the production manager challenging the sales force too increase sales, as far as the production manager was concerned he was more than ready to crank production up. This banter was music to my ears.
    I also notice that 2 independent directors and the Chairman purchased shares last year in September, Ritchard Cutfield, Steve Tucker and Alison Barrass respectively.
    David Banfield the CEO who has been in this position now for a few years is putting his stamp on MVN.
    Always a pleasure to hear you are still doing the hard yards with factory visits, and talking to the production manager etc,rather than us poor souls, who base our MVN views on their optimistic presentations.

Nice looking retail store in China

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...830/285344.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

A NZ manufacturer opening retail stores in China.?
    Makes no sense to me.
    Take care.
    Last edited by percy; 27-08-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A NZ manufacturer opening retail stores in China.?
    Makes no sense to me.
    Take care.
    Might be the ultimate compliment Percy

https://9to5mac.com/2018/02/07/fake-...-center-china/