sharetrader
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I hope you are right
    Looks like I was all along.

Legend

Dividend up to 9 cents for this year. Have to be one of the very few property companies to be increasing their payout.

Guru

ANO, KPF and NPT have recently declared quarterly dividends at the same level as the past four quarters. I am happy with that. Just hope the occupancy rates are maintained.

PFI and GMT are not too far away so will be interested in their payouts.
    Last edited by 777; 15-02-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    ANO, KPF and NPT have recently declared quarterly dividends at the same level as the past four quarters. I am happy with that. Just hope the occupancy rates are maintained.
    You can add Argosy to that list.

Can anybody tell me if insurance rate rises due to events in CHCH have already been factored into the share prices of these property trusts or is it a possible future downside?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Can anybody tell me if insurance rate rises due to events in CHCH have already been factored into the share prices of these property trusts or is it a possible future downside?
    The tenants pay the insurance premiums, so in the interim only vacant bldgs will affect the lessor. In time though the increased premiums will reflect in the tenants ability to pay rent putting pressure on rent reviews. Most are ratcheted, but increases might be limited until building replacement costs cause higher rent levels, inevitably dragging existing rent levels with them. Overall I can't see it having much downside on LPTs.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Who dreams up this dross

from todays announcement:

to change the name of DNZ Property Fund Limited (DNZ) to “Stride Property Limited” (Stride), with effect from 25 September 2015. The application for change of name will be lodged at the Companies Office on 25 September 2015 and the company’s NZX ticker code will change from “DNZ” to “STR” on that date.

The move is the culmination of a number of changes within the company that have seen it become a leader in its sector, with over $950 million of diversified commercial property assets under management.

DNZ Chairman, Tim Storey, says the re-branding is a reflection of the confidence that the company has in its future and the approach that it takes to managing and building its portfolio. He said that the new name more accurately demonstrates the essence of the company and its future direction in the property investment business.

“The company has been through a number of positive changes since listing, particularly over the past 18 months,” Mr Storey says. “We have refined our strategy with a renewed team and leadership and delivered strong results for our investors. Consequently, the market perception of us has shifted.”

DNZ Chief Executive, Peter Alexander, highlights the connection between the company’s new approach to business and its rebrand.

“It’s important our identity represents who we are today and in the future, and that it epitomises our people, our culture, our places and performance. We are a progressive company, forward focussed and confidently moving ahead. The name Stride communicates that confidence and reflects the deliberate and purposeful steps we are taking to deliver the best possible performance.

“With this new branding we will be better differentiated and visible to all of our stakeholders,” says Mr Alexander.

For the year ended 31 March 2015, the company announced an operating profit before other income and income tax of $39.6 million, an increase of 13.1% over the previous year, and an annual cash dividend of 10.25 cents per share, an increase of 13.9%.

“We are very pleased with the performance of the company to date,” Mr Alexander says. “The opening of the NorthWest Shopping Centre on 1 October with 100% of the retail space leased, and the commencement of the NorthWest Two (previously referred to as Westgate Stage Two) development are very strong indicators of the company’s future strength.

“We believe Stride embodies the key characteristics of a company as robust and positive about the future as we are.”
    Given that they have gone from $1 five years ago to $2.07 today (plus dividends) whilst hampered by a sedate name we can obviously expect much more once they get into their stride.

Sell your Ryman and Summerset, swap your Pacific Edge, VMob & Xero.

Actually sell everything and buy this.

This is where the money will be made.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: Please be aware that I may be barfing into a bucket over this announcement but I am a long term DNZ holder
    om mani peme hum

percy

Totally and utterly disagree with you.
    Not once was "well positioned" used...............Buy signal.
    Not once was "poised" used...........................Strong buy.
    Not once was the word "significant" ...............Very strong buy signal if used more than twice.
    Only positive used was "epitomises'................Strong hold.
    Long term holder.........................................sho rt term position did not work out.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    from todays announcement:

Given that they have gone from $1 five years ago to $2.07 today (plus dividends) whilst hampered by a sedate name we can obviously expect much more once they get into their stride.

Sell your Ryman and Summerset, swap your Pacific Edge, VMob & Xero.

Actually sell everything and buy this.

This is where the money will be made.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: Please be aware that I may be barfing into a bucket over this announcement but I am a long term DNZ holder
    These guys are still piggybacking over decisions made long ago by Paul Duffy, the old CEO and his team.

DNZ was the new name the company rebranded too back in 2010?? (from Dominion Funds not to be confused with Dominion Finance).

5 years later a rebrand is happening again... and I'd say this has more to do with CEO's trying to leave a legacy for themselves rather than new business going forward.

In fact a good recession might expose their growing retail play.