Probably see you at the EStar AGM.
    Cheers

percy

Quote Originally Posted by sailor1 View Post
    Thanks Percy
    Probably see you at the EStar AGM.
    Cheers
    Yes.
    Update,result from www.estaronline.com must be due shortly.

percy

Two who I think are worth adding to the list are,
    Brent King,
    John Sorensen.

Advanced Member

Percy I was just pondering over your comment that ex-politicians are on your list-and I understand why.
    I do have a big shareholding in Genesis who have announced another big dividend.Genesis should have another good year.They have lost a few customers but cheap electricity prices should help their earnings as they sell more than they generate.
    What do you think of Shipleys current performance?
    Can ex-politicians redeem themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Percy I was just pondering over your comment that ex-politicians are on your list-and I understand why.
    I do have a big shareholding in Genesis who have announced another big dividend.Genesis should have another good year.They have lost a few customers but cheap electricity prices should help their earnings as they sell more than they generate.
    Actually - they have a saying in Germany "Aufsichtsraete sind in guten Zeiten nutzlos und in schlechten Zeiten ratlos" which translates (though losing the pun) to something like "boards are during good times useless and during bad times clueless".

What I wanted to say ... there are long periods in the life of companies where the quality of the board in the short term really does not matter - as long as they don't interfere too much with the day to day business. I think you could run most of our gentailers as well with boards assembled with chimpanzees. Actually - this might short term even improve the business outcome.

Its the long term which counts ... and I sincerely doubt that Jennie Shipley is the right person to get the board reflecting on the impact of new technologies, renewables and electric cars on their business and steer the company based on these reflections into the right direction. On the other hand - I do have some insight into another NZ gentailer, and they are not better in that regards ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Default This lot of directors involved with Wynyard group Ltd tainted.

Tainted twice, incompetency and honesty in my opinion

Murray Horn Chair
    Susan Peterson
    Guy Haddleton
    Richard Twigg
    Craig Richardson
    Louis Grever
    Herb Hunt
    Raj Bhole

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Two who I think are worth adding to the list are,
    Brent King,
    John Sorensen.
    Has any company Brent King has been involved with done any good.
    I think he was with Dorchester and sold off their share trading to ANZ.
    I also think he is involved in a couple of companies on the NZX now,AFC is one.

Surely you are not starting to see the light ,BlackPeter. ??I agree with you.

Advanced Member

Black Peter-re ShipleyYou make a good point but there is a saying that the present is the future.
    Genesis is presently doing things that dont make sense to me and I have been selling.
    For instance Genesis ,Northland and Transpower need the rodney power station project commenced soon-yet Genesis has the site for sale after getting all the consents and buying Kupe for a huge sum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I think a power company should be in any one's portfolio.
    I did buy Genesis and Meridian at float.I now hold only Meridian.They are my power supplier and their divies go a long way to pay their bills.lol.
    As I no longer follow Genesis,I can not comment on Shipley's current performance,other than say I do not think she should be on any board, after her shameful "chairperson" act at Mainzeal.
    As for a politician redeeming themselves.The real test will come when John Key joins the board of a public listed company.He is however more business savvy than his predecessors.
    Last edited by percy; 12-03-2017 at 01:45 PM.