sharetrader
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

...did anyone else notice that Mr Sheppard was on radio nz early this Am stating that the likes of muir and pryke have no place on boards in nz....I haven t heard that report again....not paranoid...well a wee bit perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What a great idea.

And NZ should also require their partners (wives mostly) and children to become slaves and servants as well.

And why stop there? There are brothels which the females should be sent to and Pike River Coal where the males can be sent to to work.
    Are you saying that in China wives and children are treated as slaves or worse? I take it you have never been to China. Racist uninfomed generalisations like that serve no good.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    When I saw that post by Interest, I thought they would be the ideal place for that info to be stored. They have just expanded into insurance so why not this.

The question has to be why hasn't the shareholders association started a list. Even if they kept it purely factual (on a failed company, been bankrupt) and not subjective (responsible for destroying shareholder wealth). If they wanted to do something like the latter, they could give different colour badges by their name if the shareprice has reduced say 25%, 50%, 75% when compared to the NZX. And maybe medal symbols to those directors where shareprice has increased 25%, 50%, 75% when compared to the NZX.

Then investors could decide if 3 gold medals is worth more than one black badge.

Director of the year could be awarded a crown symbol by their name. Worst director could have a smelling turd symbol by their name. Females could be given a hairdryer badge (just for filling the quota) and Men who get elected jsut because they are in the old boys network given a cigar symbol.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Maybe we also need a thread on good directors.

Who would you throw your money after ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    My suggestion would encompass that. A list of all directors on NZX companies plus other notable large entities should be on the list.

Beside each name would be a a few columns: years experience, # of directorships/ chairmanships, good awards column, bad awards column (using the symbols discussed above), links (to bios, linkedin, etc). maybe even a points system so directors could be ranked.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I have had a policy of trying to avoid any company that involves Selwyn Cushing. He has being involved in more wealth destruction that anyone else in NZ. BIL, Air NZ, Bank NZ, and I think a couple more. The guy was a menace.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post

Who would you throw your money after ?
    Ralph Norris maybe?
    Ralph Waters?

Maybe just Ralphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevl View Post
    I have had a policy of trying to avoid any company that involves Selwyn Cushing. He has being involved in more wealth destruction that anyone else in NZ. BIL, Air NZ, Bank NZ, and I think a couple more. The guy was a menace.
    Careful, mate.

You could be risking a lawsuit from him.

percy

nev!
    he was also chairman at cabletalk.
    enough said.