sharetrader
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Greg Muir resigns from the Blues board (rugby that is) cause “I have other business matters that need resolving ...."

Hasn't had much success the last few years has Greg .... The Warehouse / Pumpkin Patch / Hanover etc etc .... although Trutest seems to be sort of coming right

But then his mates says that this Hughes guy is tainting his reputation

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    I guess so. Any Ponzi scheme worth it's salt should be able look respectable while the $$'s are still rolling in and everyone is making money!
    Suppose that could include the whole banking system as well-Its just a matter of how bad things would have to get before everyone wanted their dosh and it all fell over.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    independant 17th dec 2007.
    The Dead Hand Director award.
    the 2009 award goes in chalkie,s opinion to ruth richardson.
    as chair of the IMP diversified income fund she headed one of the many financial type of syft she presided over a board companies that had to tell investors in moratorium that they wouldn,t be getting all their money back as previously promised.
    as chairwoman of syft she presided over a board where you have to question if self-interest fractions effectively handicapped the chances of a successful refinancing of the business in late 2008,
    as a synlait director she has seen the IPO pulled.the board must take some blame for the issue,s unrealistic pricing.
    With renewed interest in Synlait I thought it was about time to bring this post up.

Bit of a low blow there Percy.

Some are just in the wrong place at the wrong time .....like I know somebody who thinks a certain jeff is bad because once he seemed to be the spokesperson for that company named after a sort of mobile light who had epic problems - that somebody had some cash in that fund so you can get the gist of what he thinks, regardless of the circumstances that jeff found himself in

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bit of a low blow there Percy.

Some are just in the wrong place at the wrong time .....like I know somebody who thinks a certain jeff is bad because once he seemed to be the spokesperson for that company named after a sort of mobile light who had epic problems - that somebody had some cash in that fund so you can get the gist of what he thinks, regardless of the circumstances that jeff found himself in
    Chalkie's opinion was much valued by me and a lot of people.
    His article on Syft woke RR and other directors up.IMP lost all of shareholders funds [if I recall correctly]
    History has shown that companies that have ex politicans on the board have a very poor record.
    Dame Jenny just shows that 'no matter how much things change,they remain the same.
    Having an ex politican as chair of governance committee is a bit of a bad joke to me.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    independant 17th dec 2007.
    The Dead Hand Director award.
    the 2009 award goes in chalkie,s opinion to ruth richardson.
    as chair of the IMP diversified income fund she headed one of the many financial type of syft she presided over a board companies that had to tell investors in moratorium that they wouldn,t be getting all their money back as previously promised.
    as chairwoman of syft she presided over a board where you have to question if self-interest fractions effectively handicapped the chances of a successful refinancing of the business in late 2008,
    as a synlait director she has seen the IPO pulled.the board must take some blame for the issue,s unrealistic pricing.
    She is still loitering with intent.!!! lol

Just for you Percy seeing you love Tru Test

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...farm-tech-firm

Didn't know where to post this but suppose the thread title is appropriate

Pity about Muirs tainted past .... The Warehouse, Pumpkin Patch and Hanover and even The Blues all unmitigated disasters when he in charge. No wonder he didn't want to talk about the past and removed all the portraits

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just for you Percy seeing you love Tru Test

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...farm-tech-firm

Didn't know where to post this but suppose the thread title is appropriate

Pity about Muirs tainted past .... The Warehouse, Pumpkin Patch and Hanover and even The Blues all unmitigated disasters when he in charge. No wonder he didn't want to talk about the past and removed all the portraits
    Greg Muir is off my tainted directors list.
    He has so impressed me at Tru-Test that I doubled my holding only a couple of months ago.!!!!
    The article appeared in today's Sunday Star Times with an added side-bar In The Rear View Mirror,and ended with Greg Muir saying;"And so you've got to question whether hanging in and trying to do the right thing and shepherding a business through difficult times is actually worth it?"
    I am sure most of us will answer that question differently.

Gidday Percy

One of my very infrequent posts to the forum ...... caught this post of yours on TruTest, also read today's article and thought about a small punt on these guys. Muir has always impressed me notwithstanding his mixed track record. So, through what medium can you buy shares in TruTest? Appears from the Coys Office that the shares are quite tightly held. Cheers.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by sailor1 View Post
    Gidday Percy

One of my very infrequent posts to the forum ...... caught this post of yours on TruTest, also read today's article and thought about a small punt on these guys. Muir has always impressed me notwithstanding his mixed track record. So, through what medium can you buy shares in TruTest? Appears from the Coys Office that the shares are quite tightly held. Cheers.
    Nice to hear from you again.
    The company secretary Ian Hadwin should be able to help you.I had to wait months for a seller to get my last lot.Paid the seller direct.
    Ian's contact details are;Ianha@trutest.co.nz phone [09] 574 8888 post Tru-Test,P.O.Box 51078,Pakuranga,Manukau 2140.
    Tru-test have an interesting web page,history, products, etc.Just google Tru-Test.
    Last edited by percy; 01-06-2014 at 05:54 PM.