sharetrader
Page 827 of 869 FirstFirst ... 327727777817823824825826827828829830831837 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,270 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Default Gold >>> looking forward

I see yearly Gold demand is around 4000t(just under 4k for 2020 because of COVID) which equals 128Moz of Gold needing supplied pa ... now some will come from scrap around 10% so least 118Moz of Gold Production needed pa ...

Gold mine production totalled 3,531 tonnes in 2019, 1% lower than in 2018, according to the World Gold Council. This is the first annual decline in production since 2008.

Top 10 biggest Gold mines in the world
    https://www.mining-technology.com/fe...0the%20surface.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54230737

I can't seem to find anything on how many oz of Gold have been discovered yearly of late ... I know Aus Production is dropping very sharply over this decade
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

Gold bouncing as i watch the minute Gold chart, a response to the re US$1.9 trillion stimulus package?

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Shasta, Buffet,s recent buy...Barrick...at the top of the current market, then he sold after a few months at the bottom....is puzzling. It goes against all his buy and hold strategies. Helpful comments, or theories from anyone?
    Puzzling to say the least, maybe the old fella losing his touch, he stays away from what he doesn't know, so is this his endorsement that the US is looking up?

So much paper debt floating around, stimulus payments, wage subsidies etc, I'm picking things to get worse before they get better, gold and silver best placed to benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Puzzling to say the least, maybe the old fella losing his touch, he stays away from what he doesn't know, so is this his endorsement that the US is looking up?

So much paper debt floating around, stimulus payments, wage subsidies etc, I'm picking things to get worse before they get better, gold and silver best placed to benefit.
    Oh yeah but gold is actually falling in value...
    Why?
    It is being replaced by cryptocurrency...people are switching...
    Is gold and silver best placed to benefit?
    Well historically not!!
    As we saw in the 2008 global financial crisis all asset classes including gold and precious metals got butchered...

Gold moves far too slowly to make any material difference to one's wealth anyway... unless your trading on leverage or you have considerable investment then your just not going to return enough.... young kids these days are heading backwards with these sorts of investments...

Even back when I was trading the most speculative oil investments, that still wasn't enough to really get ahead fast.... but now with the crypto I can really motor and make a huge difference...

With cryptocurrency returning so much in value then holding gold is for fools ....
    There is growing evidence that when crypto goes up Gold sells off ...

Its unreal your not interested in crypto Shasta...
    This is your one change to really get ahead...
    Not with this fools money that barely even moves much...

Gold and silver are historically some of the weakest performing assets ever...
    Lame ideasssss

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Oh yeah but gold is actually falling in value...
    Why?
    It is being replaced by cryptocurrency...people are switching...
    Is gold and silver best placed to benefit?
    Well historically not!!
    As we saw in the 2008 global financial crisis all asset classes including gold and precious metals got butchered...

Gold moves far too slowly to make any material difference to one's wealth anyway... unless your trading on leverage or you have considerable investment then your just not going to return enough.... young kids these days are heading backwards with these sorts of investments...

Even back when I was trading the most speculative oil investments, that still wasn't enough to really get ahead fast.... but now with the crypto I can really motor and make a huge difference...

With cryptocurrency returning so much in value then holding gold is for fools ....
    There is growing evidence that when crypto goes up Gold sells off ...

Its unreal your not interested in crypto Shasta...
    This is your one change to really get ahead...
    Not with this fools money that barely even moves much...

Gold and silver are historically some of the weakest performing assets ever...
    Lame ideasssss
    I don't think this post will age well ... Silver is one of the most important elements on Earth, and one of the most useful metals in modern-day society. Silver’s immense electrical and thermal conducting properties are perfect for electrical uses, making it highly in-demand in our heavily technology-based world. Whether you realize it or not, silver plays a huge role in our everyday life

Both Gold and SILVERs Demand outstrips supply YoY recycling meets demands ... all forward metrics shows higher costs to extract = lower production
    If you don't believe in more electronic demand going forward then yes metals down .... Tesla alone will soak up 6%+ of Silver supply pa by 2025> if targets are reached

BTC $47k .... has the high been reached ?? down from here
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Gold has barely returned 200% over the last 100 years.. and in the last 10 years has only increased by 33%...
    This is an absolute joke, are you trying to have a laugh...
    I don't have 100years to return those numbers I've already done more than that this year alone!!!
    You will be a dinosaur 🦕 before you do anything useful with your stones...

Eventually new technologies will come along and replace old systems... they will either discover a new resource that does multiples of what silver could do....or they will need much less of it...
    Or they will tow an asteroid back to Earth that makes silver worthless...
    Or new technologies like crypto could make silver redundant...
    With crypto the opportunity cost is the highest its ever been...
    Anyone serious about their financial wealth could not take these stones serious anymore...
    But perhaps as part of a balanced portfolio, maybe... even then...
    Its a no from me...

Eventually your stones will only be useful for a game of tindelywinks...

https://www.macrotrends.net/1470/his...100-year-chart

Well #1 I don’t hold any physical gold got some Silver bullion ... most of my Gold investment comes in the form of ASX Gold shares OBM paying 11c selling many 50c etc CNB 7-8c selling 40c average ..all months later(have brought back into both) WWI .5c hit 2000% ....Years ago RMS as a brilliant buy getting in 5c I sold way early 40-50c range was over $2 last year ... is the reason we have a Debt free home in my early 40s with many other assets ...

The idea Gold Silver are going to be replaced by Digitally randomly generated hexadecimal 256 bit number" is a pipe dream ... drinking way too much crypto coolaid

As an investment vehicle its already happening...
    I have seen the evidence that when crypto goes up gold prices fall...
    Hedge funds and instos are selling gold for crypto....
    Its about as simple as that !

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    As an investment vehicle its already happening...
    I have seen the evidence that when crypto goes up gold prices fall...
    Hedge funds and instos are selling gold for crypto....
    Its about as simple as that !
    There's nothing solid to back the likes of bitcoin etc, its basically an elaborate ponzi scheme, are those who bought in under US10K still holding?

You need in new money to exit, nothing wrong with gambling, but pretty much all it is. Crypto is getting pumped by the likes of Tesla's bold investment

Gold and Silver in particular, we know has many uses and having previously been the banking standard wont be forgotten when the new digital age hits the financial institutions and wider market, it just wont be the likes of Bitcoin doing it.

Once the Bitcoin fad fades out, Gold and Silver will still be around...

Make the money in Crypto while you can Crude, next big thing is clean energy and metals play an important part