sharetrader
Page 785 of 871 FirstFirst ... 285685735775781782783784785786787788789795835 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 8705

Thread: Gold

The US$ index may be oversold and due for a bounce up, so we may get a short term pull back in POG.

https://thedailygold.com/what-the-st...d-gold-stocks/

I do not subscribe to Jordan's newsletter but I find his free commentary interesting.

I'm sure if I scroll through this thread ill find it eventually and I apologise in advance, but is someone able to recommend a method for purchasing gold here in NZ. Ive never purchased gold but am looking to add some to my portfolio which is currently heavy in cash and equity's.

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    I'm sure if I scroll through this thread ill find it eventually and I apologise in advance, but is someone able to recommend a method for purchasing gold here in NZ. Ive never purchased gold but am looking to add some to my portfolio which is currently heavy in cash and equity's.
    Many locations to buy I’ve had great success with BuyBullion nz
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Rising and higher interest rates may in fact be bullish for gold prices, simply because they are typically bearish for stocks. ... Gold prices increased by more than 150% during 1973 and 1974, at a time when interest rates were rising and the S&P 500 Index dropped by more than 40%.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Any ideas on where the price of gold is headed?

Silly question really, as no one knows, but still interested in opinions and the reason behind the opinions. Main reason for asking is my investment in gold companies (producers) is still ahead 35% after being whittled down from 40-50% (not sure exactly the gain as I didn't really check). My reasons at the time were that I was waiting for a crash and had to do something as waiting is hard. If my opinion that the financial/monetary isn't making much sense anymore (think negative interest rates, Japanese central bank, US govt deficits, Auckland house prices etc.etc) then maybe a lose in confidence in currencies would strike before a crash in asset prices (real estate, shares) then as long as central banks still hold gold it is still a plan B for currencies if things turn to ****. Got lucky with the timing but still don't know where gold is going or understand the market (demand) or even the business of extracting it for that matter.

Maybe the technicians can tell me what they think. As Phaedrus always said technical analysis isn't about predicting the future it is about what is happening now via the price. If the price is going down for now maybe I should bail out and take the profit that is left. That will make me a reef fish but it would be a shame to watch all my past gains disappear as gold drops.
    Last edited by Aaron; 05-08-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Well IMHO we really need GOLD USD to bounce hard off these levels or we go through $1200oz on strong selling pressure we could well see it trend to $1120oz resistance level ..

Funny how on the likes of CNBC Business news we here NOTHING on the PM's anymore .. the markets and debts reach stupifying levels
    But just about every day I watch CNBC I hear all about Bitcoin !!!?? and as they say that even bad press is still great advertising..

You do get the feeling the MEDIA powers that be really want the masses to flood their anti-establishment/Market insurance funds into Bitcoin and pals (well while their mates that created it milk every dollar profit)

Then in the backround you have the like of JP Morgan loading up in real silver bullion ....not Bitcoin ...

Even a bond portfolio manager at PIMCO recently called for a sudden $5,000 oz USD gold price revaluation by the Federal Reserve to induce currency inflation to help ease debt and unfunded liability burdens.

https://www.valuewalk.com/2018/02/jpmorgan-buy-silver/

https://www.thenational.ae/business/...ummer-1.748153
    Last edited by JBmurc; 07-08-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Permanent Newbie

Thanks for that JB. Nothing drastic happening price wise although it is still down maybe I will get out at 20% profit instead of procrastinating.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Well IMHO we really need GOLD USD to bounce hard off these levels or we go through $1200oz on strong selling pressure we could well see it trend to $1120oz resistance level ..

Funny how on the likes of CNBC Business news we here NOTHING on the PM's anymore .. the markets and debts reach stupifying levels
    But just about every day I watch CNBC I hear all about Bitcoin !!!?? and as they say that even bad press is still great advertising..

You do get the feeling the MEDIA powers that be really want the masses to flood their anti-establishment/Market insurance funds into Bitcoin and pals (well while their mates that created it milk every dollar profit)

Then in the backround you have the like of JP Morgan loading up in real silver bullion ....not Bitcoin ...

Even a bond portfolio manager at PIMCO recently called for a sudden $5,000 oz USD gold price revaluation by the Federal Reserve to induce currency inflation to help ease debt and unfunded liability burdens.

https://www.valuewalk.com/2018/02/jpmorgan-buy-silver/

https://www.thenational.ae/business/...ummer-1.748153
    I agree with you. Everyday I look at the insane property prices and stupid high PE ratios on stock and now with the trade war with China yet gold price is falling. I think it is sensible to set aside some money and invest in some gold for the long haul especially considering the state of things around the world.