sharetrader
Page 830 of 871 FirstFirst ... 330730780820826827828829830831832833834840 ... LastLast
Results 8,291 to 8,300 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    IMHO

Yes CB will continue to print ... and rates may be force higher but hardly enough to stress about ... there is just far to much debt to increase more than token amounts

Golds demise has been pumped before every great run higher ..

Crypto’s aren’t a replacement but if you believe and trust the MSM then they are ...

As for resident property personnel if I could get my wife on board I would sell our home and use the funds to purchase another commercial property
    At present value I could get around 100k Pa in extra income... and rent ...

As too your S/H In The PM sector .. you still holding CWX it did double recently..,OBM pushed down id the back of AUD gold losing $500oz ... but they will still be making a profit when Gold resumes Bull trend they will be prime.. CNB strong buy not only on their great Gold projects but very High grade Cu prospects.. I actually sold my RXL position for a profit to buy more CNB
    Yep still have CWX OBM & RXL winter ski trip looking less likely as they are supposed to double by June this year. CWX has come back a bit but the news sounded positive.

I was concerned in the ASX stock picking comp when your picks did not include any of those three companies. I didn't put $20.00 into the pot as I was uncertain, but thinking about it further losing $30,000 might be a bit more painful than losing $20 as it is faith based investing I should have thrown in the $20 as well.

I wouldn’t stress to much on your holdings you must be up around 75% on CWX ... yes RXL has been dog of late ...purely as mgmt don’t seem to be proactively driving the company forward keeping their word etc instead taking the slow road ... I actually sold my RXL because of this with the plan to get back on board after my much shorter timeframe investments namely WWI,CHK,LRS ..deliver company making results and muti bag

not picking in comp yes so hard to narrow down to just 5x I’m currently holding 12x companies all with 100%*+ potential next several months ...,I really could of had three different comp entries and not favoured one over the other ...

Personally think you will make your winter holiday plans as so much can happen next 3-months
    Last edited by JBmurc; 04-03-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Personally think you will make your winter holiday plans as so much can happen next 3-months
    I admire your optimism.

I am hopeful for gold due to ongoing printing but interest rate rises and a crypto buzz is taking the shine of gold. Not sure if it is long term change of direction or not. Gold prices are at historically high levels already but then interest rates are historically low and central bank money printing is historically retarded. If I was a good computer programmer I could write up my own crypto currency but it is a bit harder getting gold from the ground.

In the first five months of last year, Switzerland shipped about 286 tons of gold to the U.S. – more than it had in all of the preceding 10 years combined, according to Standard Chartered Bank.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ic/6891285002/
    Last edited by JBmurc; 04-03-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Aaron...
    Wow buddy...
    You are so so wrong man...

There is an unlimited amount of fiat currency chasing a limited amount of cryptocurrency ..

Step back and think about it...
    Please !!!!!
    Sorry I missed your post, other than Bitcoin. Ethereum (ETH) Litecoin (LTC) Cardano (ADA) Polkadot (DOT) Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Stellar (XLM) Chainlink. Binance Coin (BNB) ,Tether, Monero.

Need I go on. I could add the USD, NZD, AUD, with those last three digital currencies we have all obviously given up hope that the the controllers will act responsibly and maybe restrict supply to the growth of their respective economies.

Bitcoin sounds like it is ahead of the pack due to its programming but at the end of the day the programmer can always go and change the program if it suits. Apparently you can't for bitcoin but the price action doesn't indicate it is a store of value. That said some very smart people have been jumping on the bitcoin wagon and you can't argue with the results as that is all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sorry I missed your post, other than Bitcoin. Ethereum (ETH) Litecoin (LTC) Cardano (ADA) Polkadot (DOT) Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Stellar (XLM) Chainlink. Binance Coin (BNB) ,Tether, Monero.

Need I go on. I could add the USD, NZD, AUD, with those last three digital currencies we have all obviously given up hope that the the controllers will act responsibly and maybe restrict supply to the growth of their respective economies.

Bitcoin sounds like it is ahead of the pack due to its programming but at the end of the day the programmer can always go and change the program if it suits. Apparently you can't for bitcoin but the price action doesn't indicate it is a store of value. That said some very smart people have been jumping on the bitcoin wagon and you can't argue with the results as that is all that really matters.
    Yes ART like and Religionless zeal .... I believe IMHO best sums up BTC rise .... anyone seen those crazy prices some people would be happy to pay for ART that I wouldn't even want on my wall >>> then take that same fanfare ... and put a dose of Religionless zeal .... aka ....(I'm sure CC can help me here)

"Petro dollar is dead BTC is the new World Standard" (Religion)

"Only 21 million ever !!!!" (ART like)

"have fun staying poor !!!!!!!!!!!!!" (I could imagine the same type people telling me I'm going to HELL if I you don't follow their Religion !!)

"BTC is going to take over the world" (Religion)

... and to answer CC comment --you are so wrong man --there is an unlimited fiat chasing Crypto... ok lets say your right and Billions of Fiat flow into Crypto(at present more fiat tethers flow to drive BTC price much less fiat but lets just take that Crypto dreamland) .....

#1- Not like Crypto's can't increase -(In the US alone 50,000 new worthless cryptos created) ---

https://hard-money.net/is-american-m...st-year-alone/

#2- Ok the lemmings pump billions into Crypto ....but then those same lemmings want something real as whats the point having mega dollars in Crypto... Iphone , lambo ,house etc etc ... these along with millions of products need real materials not digital ART .... thats when the lemmings are holding the BAG while other like myself hold real assets via Bullion and shares in the companies Copper Gold Silver Property ... and I along with 99.99% of us don't want your Digital Tokens .... NZD AUD thanks or F#4k OFF

Copper demand GAP https://twitter.com/giginator_/statu...543363/photo/1
    Last edited by JBmurc; 12-03-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

JBmurc,
    Last week bitcoin was at $43,000us and you were saying its going to $10,000...
    Its now at $57,000us...!!!
    And its going much much much higher...
    You have completely stuffed up with crypto and your whimpering about it... yourve been saying the same thing about bitcoin it was $200us...
    You probably even knew of it when it was much much much lower in price than that...
    Bitcoin is the biggest financial mistake (by far) that you ever made in your life...
    Instead of embracing this massive growth asset you just keep going down the rabbit hole...

... its not too late at all... read my last post on the crypto page, these altcoins are still trading at cents in the dollar... its only just started man...
    !!
    Pull your head in immediately and buy today !

Permanent Newbie

Mind you golds value is faith based as well. It has a longer history as a currency but if all the world banks said it was a relic of the past and sold their gold holdings tomorrow it has very little value. Like any currency once faith is lost it would happen pretty quickly which is what I expected to happen to some fiat currencies such as the yen but that hasn't happened.

No one is suggesting that is about to happen but I wonder if there is somewhere we can look at whether central banks are buying or selling gold.
    Last edited by Aaron; 12-03-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    JBmurc,
    Last week bitcoin was at $43,000us and you were saying its going to $10,000...
    Its now at $57,000us...!!!
    And its going much much much higher...
    You have completely stuffed up with crypto and your whimpering about it... yourve been saying the same thing about bitcoin it was $200us...
    You probably even knew of it when it was much much much lower in price than that...
    Bitcoin is the biggest financial mistake (by far) that you ever made in your life...
    Instead of embracing this massive growth asset you just keep going down the rabbit hole...

... its not too late at all... read my last post on the crypto page, these altcoins are still trading at cents in the dollar... its only just started man...
    !!
    Pull your head in immediately and buy today !
    No I'm happy with my real investments with much lower risks ...one day BTC will be old TECH it will be all but GONE Sega master system .... I see my WWI.asx (real Gold Company) hit 2000% from my first purchase ... Got $106K AUD invested ... LRS ...up 1600% to date Got 180k AUD invested both got REAL 10 Bag upside next couple years ... Geez I'm happy with one Bag with the rest of the portfolio ... Copper Gold Halloysite Kaolin Lithium all have ongoing demand outstripping forward supplies ...

Me whimpering ... yeah I'm real whimpering chilling back in my DEBT free Million+ home ... how am I going to ever survive if I don't sell up and become another
    Crypto nut .... dreaming of having want I'm on the road to securing from the path in front ?????
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Mind you golds value is faith based as well. It has a longer history as a currency but if all the world banks said it was a relic of the past and sold their gold holdings tomorrow it has very little value. Like any currency once faith is lost it would happen pretty quickly which is what I expected to happen to some fiat currencies such as the yen but that hasn't happened.

No one is suggesting that is about to happen but I wonder if there is somewhere we can look at whether central banks are buying or selling gold.
    Yes Bank of England eventually sold about 395 tons of gold over 17 auctions from July 1999 to March 2002, at an average price of about US$275 per ounce, raising approximately US$3.5 billion..... decade later $1900oz USD was hit ...

Gold history of money was challenged throughout time.... China for a time had a Fiat Paper money But it failed like they all did ... guess what its always held its value and risen ? and never has it become worthless 5000yrs+ and counting
    Last edited by JBmurc; 12-03-2021 at 03:19 PM.