sharetrader
Page 873 of 873 FirstFirst ... 373773823863869870871872873
Results 8,721 to 8,725 of 8725

Thread: Gold

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yeah with the depreciation of the JPY included that wouldn't be surprising.

Japan used to be huge consumers of gold back in my day. The biggest single order of physical gold I ever fulfilled was for 64 tons & that was only have the requirement.
    Yikes. Did you get to see it in a vault? What a sight that would have been.

In turbulent times, I can see the attraction for holding gold reserve in your own country instead of currencies.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I read today over the last decade in JAPAN Holding Gold bullion would have return you average 10.5% pa av
    NZ is not far behind. Gold has gone up by 159% in NZD terms our the past 10 years. That is just about 10% pa compounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Yikes. Did you get to see it in a vault? What a sight that would have been.

In turbulent times, I can see the attraction for holding gold reserve in your own country instead of currencies.
    Nah it took six months for the Perth Mint to fulfill the order, so it was airfreight to Tokyo in 4 ton shipments from memory.

I do remember the guy at the Perth Mint basically dropping the phone when I placed the order.

The biggest enquiry I got was for $10Bln of gold and this 13 years ago or so, all held by one Uber rich guy. I called BS, but apparently it was legit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Nah it took six months for the Perth Mint to fulfill the order, so it was airfreight to Tokyo in 4 ton shipments from memory.

I do remember the guy at the Perth Mint basically dropping the phone when I placed the order.

The biggest enquiry I got was for $10Bln of gold and this 13 years ago or so, all held by one Uber rich guy. I called BS, but apparently it was legit.
    I was gobsmacked when a friend in Australia showed me his 5oz gold Kangaroo coin from the Perth Mint! I had never seen the Queen looking so glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I was gobsmacked when a friend in Australia showed me his 5oz gold Kangaroo coin from the Perth Mint! I had never seen the Queen looking so glorious.
    Yeah if you are ever in Perth its worth going to one of the Perth Mint's gold pours.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.