sharetrader
Page 819 of 871 FirstFirst ... 319719769809815816817818819820821822823829869 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 8703

Thread: Gold

SVY worth looking at for copper and other metals.

Thanks for that. Yes makes sense - MEU gold plus uranium. At least they have something of value while Uranium is in the toilet and can keep the mine open.

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by DTB View Post
    Thanks for that. Yes makes sense - MEU gold plus uranium. At least they have something of value while Uranium is in the toilet and can keep the mine open.
    Yeah MEU was actually a Uranium focused company years ago spent millions exploring right next door to boss resources with 170mill plant for U308 .. if U booms then yes another very nice asset for MEU
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

wow, price of gold taking a hiding and gold miners index erasing a the year's gain as well...interesting

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
    wow, price of gold taking a hiding and gold miners index erasing a the year's gain as well...interesting
    Frightening for me rather than interesting, sad to see most of my gold stocks in the top ten losers in the herald this morning.

What has changed? Crypto currency maybe providing more bang for your buck. Gold not shooting for the stars maybe. Money printing still on the cards, interest rates maybe bottoming out now there is a vaccine everything is awesome.

Maybe I should be looking at technicals and getting out if they indicate a down trend.

Banned

personally, I think it is just sentiment driven

Gold isn't "cool" so the robin hooders/sharsies crowd aren't going to pump it up

As for inflationary policies and trying to insure against those, I think that is still a factor for me and I won't be getting rid of gold stocks

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Maybe I should be looking at technicals and getting out if they indicate a down trend.
    Speaking of which I use ASB Securities so I am not overloaded with options for technical analysis.

Looking at moving averages what do people tend to look at 90days and 180days? For NCM with this combination I am avoiding the ominous sounding death cross.

RSI is already at the bottom of the range as is the slow and fast stochastic although I guess it could stay there for a while. I will need to refresh what these things reflect tonight but looks like I missed the boat selling out before the fall from $35 to $25 a 29% fall. So much more enjoyable on the way up.

There is support at the $1800 mark. Let us see if that holds.

Banned

I'm quite surprised that there isn't more interest in hedging or wealth preservation by use of precious metals. Given the massive currency debasement going on, and we're talking trillions of magical fiat money printing in the last few months, and the absolute mania that the markets are in, all over the world it seems, it is almost like we are being set up for a massive fall where "they" take everything off us little guys...

The US$ index has slid below 92 last night, so that will give gold a little nudge up, although my favourite guru says that POG may go to US$ 1750 before finding a turn round.