sharetrader
Page 403 of 872 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 8711

Thread: Gold

Legend

OK, the FED didn't do anything, but did note the economy is still slowing. US$ went up, US$gold went down, but held near $1600.

Interesting chart on the volume of 1oz coins being sold.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    OK, the FED didn't do anything, but did note the economy is still slowing. US$ went up, US$gold went down, but held near $1600.

Interesting chart on the volume of 1oz coins being sold.
    I was correct, the Fed didn't do anything, there's a school of thought that if QE's announced, that will set off the 'big one'.

WTFs the 'big one'??

I think that Skol means if there is further QE then the POG will increase "exponentially". But I am surprised that Skol is now even thinking like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    I think that Skol means if there is further QE then the POG will increase "exponentially". But I am surprised that Skol is now even thinking like that.
    By 'the big one', I mean a crash, a 'sell the fact' sequel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    will be buying some more later in the year quite time of year for my income....Stoked with my gold producer CVR only @ 50% production ramp up in their first project and already cash-flow positive with low overheads looking good for my second 10 bagger
    CVR? What?

Down by about 50% in the last year. You've got a strange reason for being 'stoked', unless you like losing money, like your NAV.

Guru

I think QE3 will be more an attempt to put off ''the big one'' but most likely that ship has already sailed.
    Its really a matter more of when it arrives,rather than if.
    Ive been overseas for the last month and I can tell you there are some Greek and Spanish that are telling about some very real problems that are happening over there right now.

Banned

Hey JB,

Do you read the Herald? Last Saturday's paper, an article by Diana Clement on 20 ways to blow your retirement savings.

# 16. Being an amateur market analyst. There are some DIY investors who are as good as the professionals. There are many more, however, who think they are instant experts until the financial cycle flushes them out. They can be found day-trading in shares, dealing in derivatives, stockpiling precious metals or, until recently, borrowing to the hilt to buy far too many properties.

"stockpiling precious metals" LOL

Hi Skol, I have never heard of Diana Clement, but what next.....financial advice from Mary Holm along the lines of "always consult a financial adviser" or "buy index linked funds".....even when the index is going down. Did Diana mention airline shares?

Some other good points

4. Investing too conservatively. People who invest all of their money in the most conservative of investments may not see it grow ahead of inflation at all. Professional retirement plans assume that people hold a proportion of growth assets.

5. Trusting simple projections. All too often investment projections look rosy because they don't take into account tax and inflation. Neither can be avoided. (BULLION growth is tax free and is well known to be a Inflation/fiat hedge)

6. Not diversifying. This one is so obvious I wanted to leave it out. Yet every year there are people who lose their life savings because they didn't diversify.

(bullion is yet another diverse investment only haters like yourself have a problem with it)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 13-08-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu