sharetrader
Page 804 of 869 FirstFirst ... 304704754794800801802803804805806807808814854 ... LastLast
Results 8,031 to 8,040 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yeah wish I shifted to Gold producers sadly holding Explorers which of course have been smashed .. only positive is AMG,MEU,RXL all have production plans i their sights and will re-rate much higher .. CWX far to good of ground and J/Vs with majors to stay this low forever ...

Personal think COVID19 will be cured this year maybe even the worse over pre - mid year ... but economics will take much longer as the Virus was just the icing on the cake to the DEBT bomb and bubble economics we have in place ..inflation is coming forced by Central banks QE
    Still time to buy. Looks like gold caught a bid after QE to infinity last night but surprisingly it looks like the S&P might end down this morning. The Fed put has been declared (increased to new heights) so it should be risk off today and off to the races for shares but it could be investors have lost faith in the Fed and the dollar. Although that would mean productive land (farmers & fishermen receiving a new level of recognition in these difficult times) gold and I would suggest shares in companies that provide something of benefit to society for which they can charge people money.
    I am tempted to top up my producers today, Ray Dalio is right cash will be trash, just not sure when that will be.

Yes, Ray Dalio was too early on the cash is trash call. But it must be getting to that stage...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Thanks JB but just to be clear I've lost a ton of money overall. I went into this meltdown with 52 per cent shares. Gold is really the only bright spot. I do find that gold helps my mental health. In dark times I think "there's always gold!" (assuming the Perth Mint doesn't collapse and I can sell my PMGOLD units).

This appears to have helped the gold price:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/fed-...purchases.html
    Yes I think your safe with Perth mint their business is BOOMING like all Bullion dealers and you don't go broke making a profit ... different story for most sectors.

hopefully I can sell the rest of my O&G play today ...along with a Nickel company ...both great companies but I just don't see the upside in their commodities for some time with HUGE stockpiles ,,,

I've always tried to keep Fundamentally based ... I try not to buy/hold HOPING for a turnaround esp. with the picture so bleak ..why would I risk it ....

I'm pretty much at 80% Gold focused companies(most of course have copper/nickel interests as well)

With AUD Gold up $91oz at present $2660oz the ASX Gold space is just simply the best sector to invest in at present as it has been for some time and when you look at the overall picture developing why would you #1 sell out of the GOLD sector 2# buy other sectors outside staples

Yesterday I pumped $28k AUD into OBM hopefully today I'll be able to shift more funds into the near term Gold Producer..

the fundamentals are very straight forward with OBM like many ASX Gold producers ... personal I've removed most of my funds from WWI (another potential God producer but based in the high risk SA!!)

OBM- AISC from last Fes.study on 100koz au gold production=AUD $1300per oz (when fuel prices were much higher) so if say they hedged forward production at current Spot price OBM would see $130mill pa in free cashflow least first 3yrs (as they have over 100mill in TAX credits)

OBM currently sitting on only a $30mill EV(20mill in cash) .... that to me is a great buy Vs anything else at this point in time..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

AUD GOLD $2751oz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    AUD GOLD $2751oz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope you bought some producers. Change your investing from extremely risky to just very risky.

Which company would be the largest silver producer on the ASX?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hope you bought some producers. Change your investing from extremely risky to just very risky.

Which company would be the largest silver producer on the ASX?
    LOL to late for that but I do have many near term producers that are being priced as explorers only.. my CWX explorer will open up 25% it will all feed downwards from here like it does in Gold Bull markets.. I'm not stressed about my risk profile I have funds spread across 10+ companies ..

from here we will see Majors go up 100% NCM,EVN,NST etc but spec plays with sub 50mill caps we will see 200-1500%+ etc

Largest Silver Producer S32.asx

I have s32, has been beaten to a pulp...but in other news

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/go...ort-2020-03-24

I'm not buying at these levels but not too keen to sell either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I have s32, has been beaten to a pulp...but in other news

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/go...ort-2020-03-24

I'm not buying at these levels but not too keen to sell either.
    Yes the FEAR just keeps ramping up now the states awakening ... personal see the ongoing mad demand for Gold Silver investments continue for some time right when we have the many global giant miners slow down to stopping production.. perfect storm for spikes higher

Purchased more of what I believe is one of the best leveraged Gold Companies on the ASX currently>> OBM (major T/O chance)

And more IVR the best Silver on the silver price moving higher ... looked over a chart and IVR has a history of following and well outperforming ETPMAG -Silver bullion ETF

getting out of Nickel-O&G
    Last edited by JBmurc; 25-03-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Gold swap dealers on Comex still in the hole for a net short of 171,750 contracts. Managed money longs holding firm with 152,482 net longs, unchanged from 31 March. Stalemate continues and bear squeeze presumably resumes next week