sharetrader
Page 823 of 871 FirstFirst ... 323723773813819820821822823824825826827833 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,230 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Buddy,
    This is actually not true that crypto does not generate income......
    With the explosion of decentralized finance (defi) you can stake you coins and get a financial return off them... paddles is actually generating nice income aswell as appreciation of assets...
    Crypto is in a super cycle with crazy upside this year I would expect gold and precious metals to sell off as people switch their money to those savage returns....
    cc

The Bit Short: Inside Crypto’s Doomsday Machine
    The panic-
    "This worried me. Most of my wealth was exposed in the form of Bitcoin, and Bitcoin seemed like it might be exposed to Tether. And Tether’s issuing company was under active investigation. I urgently needed to find out if this risk was real"
    https://crypto-anonymous-2021.medium...e-f8dcf78a64d3

I'm looking forward to making a Mozza shorting Crypto10 ... 1:5 Leverage ...

Only matter of time before it all falls apart ..

Gold hasn't been getting much love of late ...but as we have always known its high manipulated (just look at all the fines paid to date by the Bullion banks)

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Crypto world fall apart and funds head towards the likes of GOLD/SILVER/PGM's

Personal still holding many Gold plays but most have major projects in other minerals

$AUD Gold $2373oz
    Last edited by JBmurc; 18-01-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Extraordinary, presumably this news will travel fast. I have always been skeptical of crypto currency but in the last few months have decided it has to many believers that sustain it. This tether story sounds credible and could be devastating for crypto.

I did a quick search, it seems to me "the bit short" is personalising stuff that has been in the public domain since last June or longer. I would be a bit apprehensive about shorting on the basis of what it says, while it might be fundamentally correct it could be a scam of sorts itself. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    I did a quick search, it seems to me "the bit short" is personalising stuff that has been in the public domain since last June or longer. I would be a bit apprehensive about shorting on the basis of what it says, while it might be fundamentally correct it could be a scam of sorts itself. Time will tell.
    From the link 3 days ago ...I come across it from my twitter feed.... tether is the driver of much of Crypto's buying volumes much more than all major currencies ..
    but yes this idea might have been around for awhile...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I have been thinking some more about this. It seemed very "slick" to me the article or report, I was puzzled by its intention. Then I remembered that there are organisations that look for vulnerable or dodgy public companies. They short them, write reports that they make readily available to like minded people, the word spreads through social media. The reports are negative in tone, some times exagerated or even fraudulent. Several things happen if the reports are believed. Many of the people who wanted to buy the stock either change their mind or postpone the purchase. Some holders take profit or cut losses. Ultimately the stock price plummets and the initial shorter does very well. ( I think there was an article in the Sydney morning herald on the weekend)
    It seems to me the writer of the bit short is trying this scheme. It is probably fair enough if what he says is true or not aiming to mislead. I don't know enough about shorting to understand the risks. But it does seem a good set up. Let us know how it goes JB.
    Last edited by zero; 19-01-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    I have been thinking some more about this. It seemed very "slick" to me the article or report, I was puzzled by its intention. Then I remembered that there are organisations that look for vulnerable or dodgy public companies. They short them, write reports that they make readily available to like minded people, the word spreads through social media. The reports are negative in tone, some times exagerated or even fraudulent. Several things happen if the reports are believed. The demand for the short side increases, probably lowering the price off a contract. Many of the people who wanted to buy the stock either change their mind or postpone the purchase. Some holders take profit or cut losses. Ultimately the stock price plummets and the initial shorter does very well. ( I think there was an article in the Sydney morning herald on the weekend)
    It seems to me the writer of the bit short is trying this scheme. It is probably fair enough if what he says is true or not aiming to mislead. I don't know enough about futures to understand the risks. But it does seem a good set up. Let us know how it goes JB.
    Have you ever talked with Crypto Bugs ?? its not like the sharemarket where companies are centralised and the market has decades of history ... Cryptos are made up assets the Crypto Bugs understand HYPE + HYPE = FACT... the guy basically exposes how fake the Buyer pressure has been as its not from real pay your TAXES Money around the world but made up tethers which are still under investigation ...

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Whilst on the subject of this digital 'gold':

You may wish to try and answer the question as to why the reported daily trade value of bitcoin is very rarely less than 6% of its total market cap, and it can reach 25%.
    om mani peme hum

https://www.smh.com.au/business/mark...04-p56ksl.html

No, I haven't heard of crypto bugs. Any thing I see on crypto is just sort of incidental, I don't follow them. Another impact these reports by shorters will have if lots of people lease shares and sell them this will tip the supply/demand and be down ward pressure.
    Last edited by zero; 20-01-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    The Bit Short: Inside Crypto’s Doomsday Machine
    The panic-
    "This worried me. Most of my wealth was exposed in the form of Bitcoin, and Bitcoin seemed like it might be exposed to Tether. And Tether’s issuing company was under active investigation. I urgently needed to find out if this risk was real"
    https://crypto-anonymous-2021.medium...e-f8dcf78a64d3

I'm looking forward to making a Mozza shorting Crypto10 ... 1:5 Leverage ...

Only matter of time before it all falls apart ..

Gold hasn't been getting much love of late ...but as we have always known its high manipulated (just look at all the fines paid to date by the Bullion banks)

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Crypto world fall apart and funds head towards the likes of GOLD/SILVER/PGM's

Personal still holding many Gold plays but most have major projects in other minerals

$AUD Gold $2373oz
    LOL the guy in the article is a complete loser...
    All the FUD is to scare people from their crypto so the institutions can buy your crypto cheap...
    This news about Tether is not new every few years it gets a mention and the market gets rattled...
    Last week it was the double spend...

In 2017 there was various FUDs which lead to pull backs but crypto was in a super cycle and went huge... we are currently in the same super cycle of 2017 this has only just begun...
    It's going real big this year.. traditional gold is a mugs game and people are selling their gold to buy crypto.. when crypto outperforms every asset class times 10 why wouldn't yah....

Murc you are over complicating a very simple procedure... I bet you would love to buy crypto but you dont know how to...

I manned up and put my house deposit into crypto... I have the tools to really crack the crypto by 2025 100x minimum... because I really understand its market cycles now... and bitcoin is going to $300k this year... its gona take until 2025 then I'm retired at 40 it's probably the most simple process you could possibly imagine...
    I cant possibly afford to not be apart of this...
    Tether FUD can kiss my arseee...
    cc

Gold is not a mugs came- plenty to be made in that space, same can be said for bitcoin- if it goes to $300k then good luck to you- I don't know enough to invest so will stay out currently. How many coins do you have? ps are you shrewd crude with a diff name? Some of your oiler investments were to be frank awful if its you 9sure you made some $ as well though).