sharetrader
Page 789 of 869 FirstFirst ... 289689739779785786787788789790791792793799839 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Yes, silver premiums are huge. Tarnishing never affects value, however: An ounce of silver is an ounce of silver.

I don't know much about platinum. My small PM holding is just a little bit of last resort insurance and I hope I never make any serious money off it
    Last edited by Bobdn; 30-12-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Anyone who has read my posts will know I am a bit of a doom merchant, but I see gold jumped 1% overnight and may crack $1,300.00oz. My gold producers are up 65% over the last couple of years EVN, NCM & NST as well as RMS a leftover from when I got wiped out years ago and it went into the bottom draw. Only small amounts invested as I have no faith in my ability to see into the future and I see gold as a speculation rather than an investment so not willing to invest life changing amounts in gold companies but my theory is that if Central Banks continue with money printing and low interest rates eventually faith in cash will wane and gold will be seen as a more valuable currency alternative. As long as central banks around the globe continue to hold gold it should have some value as a currency. If stock markets continue to fall it won't be long before interest rates fall and more bond buying begins (or some other "innovative" financial engineering i.e. money printing) surely this is positive for gold. I am tempted to become a momentum speculator but know this is dumb as my understanding of the global market for gold, production statistics and actual gold mining is non-existent. What are other peoples views on the price of gold. I am tempted to just dive in and make a significant speculation based on recent success. (I think there is a name for that way of thinking like recency bias or something)
    Last edited by Aaron; 04-01-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Permanent Newbie

These are the sort of doom sayers I am reading.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-beginning-end

Might be a bit out there but looks like they are trying to use facts to support their arguments.

Hi Aaron, my view is that the US$ index has peaked and is declining. POG is inversely related to the $ index. As the index declines then POG will increase. That makes Aussie gold producers more profitable. I have stayed away from political discussion about market rigging etc. when the $ index increases again then the party is over until the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Anyone who has read my posts will know I am a bit of a doom merchant, but I see gold jumped 1% overnight and may crack $1,300.00oz. My gold producers are up 65% over the last couple of years EVN, NCM & NST as well as RMS a leftover from when I got wiped out years ago and it went into the bottom draw. Only small amounts invested as I have no faith in my ability to see into the future and I see gold as a speculation rather than an investment so not willing to invest life changing amounts in gold companies but my theory is that if Central Banks continue with money printing and low interest rates eventually faith in cash will wane and gold will be seen as a more valuable currency alternative. As long as central banks around the globe continue to hold gold it should have some value as a currency. If stock markets continue to fall it won't be long before interest rates fall and more bond buying begins (or some other "innovative" financial engineering i.e. money printing) surely this is positive for gold. I am tempted to become a momentum speculator but know this is dumb as my understanding of the global market for gold, production statistics and actual gold mining is non-existent. What are other peoples views on the price of gold. I am tempted to just dive in and make a significant speculation based on recent success. (I think there is a name for that way of thinking like recency bias or something)
    I certainly believe the boom times we have seen in the major ASX Gold producers will feed down to the much unloved micro-cap Gold developers/explorers and new producers ..

we have just seen usually consertive Macquarie Bank sign a 107mill loan agreement with CMM (50mill micro-cap) really BULLISH sign along with the AUD gold price break to new all time interday highs this week

Not that the likes of RMS can't go much higher just that the likes of EAR,IRC,WWI of the market could well muti bag
    Last edited by JBmurc; 04-01-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Turned myself into a prospector over the last week and been panning for gold on the West Coast. Loads of fun and even came back with some as a souvenir. Its easy to see why people get the gold bug

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Turned myself into a prospector over the last week and been panning for gold on the West Coast. Loads of fun and even came back with some as a souvenir. Its easy to see why people get the gold bug
    Sounds like fun but I think I will stick to investing in gold miners. Did you get an ounce? nearly $1,300 US for a weeks work.
    Last edited by Aaron; 31-01-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sounds like fun but I think I will stick to investing in gold miners. Did you get an ounce? nearly $1,300 US for a weeks work.
    Sadly not an ounce. The potential thought is certainly there. With a bit more practice and better targeted efforts that would be achievable. Might have to plan me a longer trip next time.

I knew an old guy in Cromwell, he used to do a bit of prospecting and on his mantelpiece he had a row of little medicine pill bottles full of gold he had panned or dug.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    I knew an old guy in Cromwell, he used to do a bit of prospecting and on his mantelpiece he had a row of little medicine pill bottles full of gold he had panned or dug.
    Yes certainly good Gold country around here >> I should get me a backpack dredge
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu