sharetrader
Page 849 of 869 FirstFirst ... 349749799839845846847848849850851852853859 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,490 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It might if you were consistent with your predictions. I thought you were predicting transitory inflation with technology, demographics and debt quickly switching us back to deflation with the central banks dropping interest rates and printing money in the near future to counter this.

I guess we could have even nearer term dollar strength as the Fed pays lip service to tightening and stops printing and maybe even starts raising rates.

Unfortunately I am not a nimble investor so prefer to know what your longer term trends are. I was sticking with gold as I believe the central banks will respond to any crisis with moah money and suppressed interest rates.
    I Am still predicting transitory inflation, so is the bond market.

I Follow the US 10y treasury yield.

There will be a correction when the supply chains re open, technology, outsourcing labour will drive down inflation.

Biden getting involved with Federal reserve policy trying to scare the markets (like Robertson on Orr) *to push his trillion dollar infrastructure bill will only make matters worse for the bottom half of society.

*(Not the infrastructure bill,playing politics getting involved with central bank policy)
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 06-12-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Unfortunately I am not a nimble investor so prefer to know what your longer term trends are. I was sticking with gold as I believe the central banks will respond to any crisis with moah money and suppressed interest rates.
    Holding gold does not protect your investments in financial crisis, stockmarket crashes... in 2008 gold hit $1000 and a low of $690 a retracement of 30%...and selling off with all asset classes.. .
    People are liquidating assets to pay for debts, margins, rent, survival...
    Another way to think about it... if you have one asset which has dumped, you are selling other assets which havnt dumped to Dollar cost average that... in turn pulling the price of that asset down...

Screenshot_20211206-214400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Since the reset of 2008 you wouldn't have even doubled your money with gold (old)....
    It's literally the worst performing asset (if you could even call it that)....
    Gold is also now being switched to greater performing assets...
    cc

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Holding gold does not protect your investments in financial crisis, stockmarket crashes... in 2008 gold hit $1000 and a low of $690 a retracement of 30%...and selling off with all asset classes.. .
    People are liquidating assets to pay for debts, margins, rent, survival...
    Another way to think about it... if you have one asset which has dumped, you are selling other assets which havnt dumped to Dollar cost average that... in turn pulling the price of that asset down...

Screenshot_20211206-214400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Since the reset of 2008 you wouldn't have even doubled your money with gold (old)....
    It's literally the worst performing asset (if you could even call it that)....
    Gold is also now being switched to greater performing assets...
    cc
    True in 2008 gold and a lot of blue chip companies sold off hard as they were the only assets anyone wanted to buy and all the people with a margin call needed to come up with some capital. If we have another major financial crisis I imagine BTC will hold up quite well.

Permanent Newbie

I guess nobody believes central banks will raise interest rates significantly.

Gold should hold up OK as we wait first for central banks to pretend to fight inflation and then if this slightly hawkish change creates another downturn more money printing and interest rate cuts.

Or is this the bottom of the cycle with interest rates onwards and upwards from here, however slowly.

Permanent Newbie

The ball has been passed to China to stoke inflation, while the US Fed pretends to fight it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/me...-stimmy-record

Based on this article the US fed not fighting very hard. In fact not fighting at all as monetary policy is just less loose rather than tightening.

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...tant-admission

Labour busy stoking inflation here at home. Rather than fighting it.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...rom-april.html

Bad for the portion of society without any significant assets, labours traditional voter base. Poor people need to wake up and join a radical party as they are getting screwed by Labour or National.

Possibly good for gold as the ponzi nature of it all hopefully becomes apparent to the general population. Looks like the someone is going to pay for the inflation free lunch after all.

BOJ ensuring interest rates don't rise. Great to see central planners making the world a better place.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ba...tain-bond-rout
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-02-2022 at 10:44 AM. Reason: BOJ piling on

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    I Am still predicting transitory inflation, so is the bond market.

I Follow the US 10y treasury yield.
    Are you still around? TeslaGods posts have dropped off.

What is the timeline for your prediction when does transitory end?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/10/janu...-expected.html

Who is buying US treasuries at such low yields? The trend still seems to be upwards?

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/US10Y

Gold up 2% overnight, US $ index also up slightly. Very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Gold up 2% overnight, US $ index also up slightly. Very unusual.
    Airedale,
    LOL
    ...2%..
    Very unusual? said aswell because a 2% movement is big for gold.... geeze airedale have you been snoozing.... .....
    Lol how times have changed...
    Investments Nowadays are evolving all the time... for me personally unless I can try to return at least 10% on an investment per day then it's barely worth the cost of time or transaction cost or market risk......all markets are coming into total rug pull terrioityy and no asset class is safe....I seriously think 18k dow is happening....

All markets are now on high alert of serious capitulation ... if you didn't hear in the last day the top dog at the FED said rates up 1% by July in 1 hit...this is it peeps... I've beening telling you about this for over 5 years.... they have printed the most money possible over the last 5 10 years to starve off the inevitable....
    The major reset....and why?
    Banks have to fail to put in the central bank digital currencies which are coming...and
    Id think the true US inflation Is more like 12%....
    Look at this sicko anup is onto it...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EKJ-rgf2XM0
    Airedale,
    Gold is literally funny money.... it offers zero protection of collapse from contagen risks from all financial markets...it is cumbersome asset... clunky and expensive and costly to move and transact with... its literally done nothing in 2 decades to even wink about �� �� ��.....
    If you are buying or selling physical gold you are getting creamed real big... aswell as the security of holding gold you nearly have to bury it in the ground... leave a will and a treasure map.... �� ....

With what is on the table,
    Gold is honestly fools money....
    And over many years that is what I have seen...
    Jbmurc Gold stocks are more profitable than physical gold... unless I needed it to wipe my bum I wouldn't bother with it... gold is and has been a huge waste of time and opportunity cost....

2% ....lol...
    Listen to anup he does a solid stockmarket wrapup aswell...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EKJ-rgf2XM0
    The future is fast approaching.... AI... VR.... AR.... metaverse...
    And then we have airedale toiling a 2%er.....
    Oh my...
    cc

Shrewdy, Thanks for that learned advice and wise words, I am doing fine with my gold miners. I hope that you are still winning at Texas holdem poker.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Banks have to fail to put in the central bank digital currencies which are coming
    When would you suggest that the central banks start selling their gold holdings? I would like to sell my miners before this happens so a heads up would be good.

Is it possible that crypto currencies, NFTs etc are just a side effect of easy money and low interest rates.

To me they seem absurd, relying on the greater fool theory of investing. Time will tell.

Do you and Cathy Wood share a similar investing approach and philosphy?