sharetrader
Page 824 of 869 FirstFirst ... 324724774814820821822823824825826827828834 ... LastLast
Results 8,231 to 8,240 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Yabster,
    Anything other than crypto is a mugs game because the opportunity cost is so high....
    Crypto is at least 50 times better than oil stocks...
    The sooner you do know enough the better...
    cc

Hi CC

I applaud your certainty- but have been investing long enough to know there is no such thing.

Anyone predicting a 10 bagger (bitcoin is $30k as I type and you have mentioned $300k) in shares or commodities I take with a grain of salt- as I assume you would also. I also think I know where the $300k is coming from - I watched a Raoul Pal video on kitco - so I do know a little bit..

https://www.kitco.com/news/video/show/Market-Analysis/3118/2020-12-03/Raoul-Pal-makes-the-case-for-$300k-bitcoin-in-18-months-Pt-22#_48_INSTANCE_puYLh9Vd66QY_=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ki tco.com%2Fnews%2Fvideo%2Flatest%3Fshow%3DMarket-Analysis

What platform/wallet do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by yabster View Post
    Hi CC

I applaud your certainty- but have been investing long enough to know there is no such thing.

Anyone predicting a 10 bagger (bitcoin is $30k as I type and you have mentioned $300k) in shares or commodities I take with a grain of salt- as I assume you would also. I also think I know where the $300k is coming from - I watched a Raoul Pal video on kitco - so I do know a little bit..

https://www.kitco.com/news/video/show/Market-Analysis/3118/2020-12-03/Raoul-Pal-makes-the-case-for-$300k-bitcoin-in-18-months-Pt-22#_48_INSTANCE_puYLh9Vd66QY_=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ki tco.com%2Fnews%2Fvideo%2Flatest%3Fshow%3DMarket-Analysis

What platform/wallet do you use?
    There is no such thing apart from crypto man.. this is the greatest performing asset class the world has ever seen it's got legs...
    I dont follow kitco !!!.. this is IMO...
    I use trust wallet.. ftx.com and binance ... the trust wallet token was up 70% yesterday...
    The targets are huge because this is the next layer to the internet... Michael Saylor said its bigger than the Internet itself!!!
    There is no time to delay ...
    Come onto the crypto thread in off market section...
    cc

cc

have a look at the video- think you would get something out of it- he was very bullish on Bitcoin

Really my resource stocks keep cranking and IÂ’ll be retired in a few more months.. no need for online fiat tokens .. but if you can play it and win go hard ...

Hi JB

So are you going to cash up? I am looking at getting out of the rat race in 3 years -so hopefully can do the same.

A lot of your Goldies have done well - still wanting on CNB though- you should have stayed in HMX - but its easy in hindsight!

Default Yes sounds goood

Quote Originally Posted by yabster View Post
    Hi JB

So are you going to cash up? I am looking at getting out of the rat race in 3 years -so hopefully can do the same.

A lot of your Goldies have done well - still wanting on CNB though- you should have stayed in HMX - but its easy in hindsight!
    Your telling me I took most of the funds from my HMX trade into AGC new IPO I secured free shares in from my MAG holding ... has gone down while HMX boomed higher than my 7.8c sell...

Yes I will cash up least half of the share portfolio to buy another Commercial Property hopefully debt free ..I still would like to have a good few K in the markets least 200k more than my 200k of lending in the market ... Goal was to break 1mill AUD portfolio value ... before mid-year ... really want to see the NZD lower be great to get min 10% more NZD's than AUD ... first get to end of March see want my TAX will be after costs got to be careful don't want big TAX Bill = less capital in shares so don't want to take to many more profits ...might actually sell of any losses pre April etc . .. looking at commercial sub $600k yielding 8%+ + high NBS% .. got one on the watch-list right now!!! All about Passive income so If I have a rough year in the markets I can still pay the bills etc ...

As for companies .... yes Buying more CNB back to 100k shares but think CNB will play out more mid-year like AGC and prob MAG as well

My short term drivers will be WWI Mining right EA approvals any day now will double cap intraday ... I see MEU ann. 1m splits on record Gold hits ... LONG term HOLD with MEU will grow slow but high from here ...OBM Gold production first GOLD bar any day now ..

Also Copper play CHK + LRS many metals projects play holding truckloads of long-dated opts (I really like both if they both BOOM I might well double my target)

then I've only got my HIGH risk speccy RMX opts on RARE earth play thats heating up ...

I really need GOLD to pull back in the fast lane along with REE + Cu to help all of the above ... Histrionical MARCH has been my best av month of the year(outside 2020!!!) ...growth wise for last 16yrs+ ... MAY my worst so certainly thinking about pulling so cash aside if I get some boomers during next couple of months
    Last edited by JBmurc; 03-02-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

https://www.goldmoney.com/research/g...days-for-money

The real reason for gold’s underperformance is the establishment’s long-established antipathy towards it, something that should serve as a warning to hodlers of bitcoin. To regard gold as sound money is to turn one’s back to Keynesian macroeconomics, something the US Government, with its interest of promoting and retaining dollar hegemony has actively discouraged. In order to absorb demand for physical gold it has fostered the growth of paper markets, which can be expanded by the bullion banks at will. This policy goes beyond precious metals and includes base metals and other industrial raw materials as well, allowing the dollar to retain a more stable value measured against them than would otherwise be the case.

Consequently, bullion banks take the short side in the futures market, hedging long positions in London’s forward market. But today, the physical liquidity in London has virtually disappeared, replaced with unallocated gold, amounting to gold claims on the bullion banks. Other than the drip feed of mining supplies and scrap metal, the principal supply of physical is from leasing by the central banks which store gold in the Bank of England’s vault. But in these overtly inflationary times, it is likely that central banks will place greater emphasis on having their gold reserves both earmarked and unencumbered.

The precariousness of the situation was revealed in January 2020, when the bullion bank cohort made a determined effort to collapse open interest on Comex futures from a record 799,541 contracts on 15 January 2020. They succeeded, bringing open interest down to 469,893 contracts in early June. But while they managed to reduce open interest, they failed to reduce the monetary value of their short position.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    https://www.goldmoney.com/research/g...days-for-money

The real reason for gold’s underperformance is the establishment’s long-established antipathy towards it, something that should serve as a warning to hodlers of bitcoin. To regard gold as sound money is to turn one’s back to Keynesian macroeconomics, something the US Government, with its interest of promoting and retaining dollar hegemony has actively discouraged. In order to absorb demand for physical gold it has fostered the growth of paper markets, which can be expanded by the bullion banks at will. This policy goes beyond precious metals and includes base metals and other industrial raw materials as well, allowing the dollar to retain a more stable value measured against them than would otherwise be the case.

Consequently, bullion banks take the short side in the futures market, hedging long positions in London’s forward market. But today, the physical liquidity in London has virtually disappeared, replaced with unallocated gold, amounting to gold claims on the bullion banks. Other than the drip feed of mining supplies and scrap metal, the principal supply of physical is from leasing by the central banks which store gold in the Bank of England’s vault. But in these overtly inflationary times, it is likely that central banks will place greater emphasis on having their gold reserves both earmarked and unencumbered.

The precariousness of the situation was revealed in January 2020, when the bullion bank cohort made a determined effort to collapse open interest on Comex futures from a record 799,541 contracts on 15 January 2020. They succeeded, bringing open interest down to 469,893 contracts in early June. But while they managed to reduce open interest, they failed to reduce the monetary value of their short position.
    I am very bullish on the up side potential for gold/silver. Particularly silver.
    As Bitcoin has recently demonstrated, investors are desperate for a fiat alternative .
    Printing $ is driving fiat down the drain. Bitcoin is a gamble, bullion is real.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    I am very bullish on the up side potential for gold/silver. Particularly silver.
    As Bitcoin has recently demonstrated, investors are desperate for a fiat alternative .
    Printing $ is driving fiat down the drain. Bitcoin is a gamble, bullion is real.
    Yes Metal is needed for modern man in ever-day life and tech moving forward ...demand far higher that present supply...

BTC great for those gambling with one another ... but if cancelled tomorrow wouldn't bother 99.9999% of humans on the planet