sharetrader
Page 796 of 869 FirstFirst ... 296696746786792793794795796797798799800806846 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Possibly this is why gold has some value.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...e-out-mortgage

If currency not only has no value it becomes a liability as when you hold it you have to pay for the privilege. A 4% dividend yield on the Port of Napier IPO doesn't seem too expensive if this is the way the world is going.
    Hi Aaron, that news item from Denmark is bizarre.

IMO

Nothing rotten in Denmark

"Jyske Bank said this week that customers would now be able to take out a 10-year fixed-rate mortgage with an interest rate of -0.5%, meaning customers will pay back less than the amount they borrowed, or precisely what we said would happen in our 2016 preview of the dystopian future.

What this means is that if you buy a house for $1 million and pay off your mortgage in full in 10 years, you would pay the bank back only $995,000. No mortgage payments would be due between the purchase and payoff date, so effectively a borrower only has to repay principal... with a small discount, guaranteeing that the bank loses money on the loan."

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Aaron, that news item from Denmark is bizarre.
    It is bizarre but shouldn't be a surprise, JBMurc has mentioned many times the large amount of negative yielding debt in the world today.

I personally think it is crazy but it is the direction we are heading in. Gold might become more valuable once storage costs match the interest you pay to the bank on your savings.

I personally have to rethink my 7%-8% net before tax hurdle rate on investment as it prices me out of all the investment markets. If only I had loaded up on Vector at a 10% dividend yield.

Also with Zero Hedge I would always try and confirm the story somewhere else first if I was relying on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It is bizarre but shouldn't be a surprise, JBMurc has mentioned many times the large amount of negative yielding debt in the world today.

I personally think it is crazy but it is the direction we are heading in. Gold might become more valuable once storage costs match the interest you pay to the bank on your savings.

I personally have to rethink my 7%-8% net before tax hurdle rate on investment as it prices me out of all the investment markets. If only I had loaded up on Vector at a 10% dividend yield.

Also with Zero Hedge I would always try and confirm the story somewhere else first if I was relying on it.
    well you don't have to have it in storage just like you don't have to pay a broker to invest your funds in the market...but personally think
    buying Gold Plays on the ASX to be the best short term trade ... CWX-HMX-EAR-AMG-WWI my higher risk but high return trades in play currently also looking to enter a nickel company on the ASX
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Hi JB, check out RXL Rox Resources. Gold explorer with nickel prospects as well.

https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/rxl.asx-6A924386/

Last edited by airedale; 12-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi JB, check out RXL Rox Resources. Gold explorer with nickel prospects as well.

https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/rxl.asx-6A924386/

Yes was running the ruler over them today .. had 45k AUD to re-invest ... ended up putting more into BLU but the bulk back into CHN
    but could well be buying RXL tomorrow if I exit 9SP etc ..

Really great time to be in the micro-end of the ASX another good day for my portfolio some $40k AUD up in the last few trading days
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

I guess this means gold is not a contrarian investment anymore.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...anks-cut-rates

Gold at any price but only up to 10% of your portfolio. He is right that the miners are another investment altogether not the same as buying physical gold but it is easier for me buying miners as I have never got around to going to Auckland and buying some gold coins.

Activity is heating up in WAs mid-tier gold sector with Bill Beaments Northern Star Resources said to be on the verge of making a bid for Echo Resources and Chinas Zhaojin International Mining

disc-holding EAR and wishing I purchased more last week arrghhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Activity is heating up in WAs mid-tier gold sector with Bill Beaments Northern Star Resources said to be on the verge of making a bid for Echo Resources and Chinas Zhaojin International Mining

disc-holding EAR and wishing I purchased more last week arrghhh!!!
    I've been watching HMX for a little while, they've got a nice patch of dirt next door. Hard to decide whether to split my "gold" money up and take some from AMG and put some in HMX.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
    I've been watching HMX for a little while, they've got a nice patch of dirt next door. Hard to decide whether to split my "gold" money up and take some from AMG and put some in HMX.
    Yeah hasn't AMG been a dog one of my biggest holdings as i keep taking profits and thinking AMG will catch a bid but sadly AMG just hasn't given the market what we need which is deep drilling results to test for the major conductor we hope is their full of au-cu-co etc

Yes HMX great investment great value after placement was always going come back to 3c+ ... with the likely T/O of EAR(by NST) ...HMX will be the prime explorer right next door to the plant that NST will likely own... now NST likes to keep its fingers in many pies YRL case in point in the same area with NST IPO a 15% holding ... but nil holding in HMX yet(as HMX only recent secured the prime Bronzewing south tenements) .. HMX Mgmt are top class ex. founders leaders of exploration team for GOR ..

Another couple I believe anyone that should interest those keen on muti-bagger plays in the sector .. CWX + WWI I hold both and continue to build sizeable positions
    Last edited by JBmurc; 23-08-2019 at 08:54 PM.