sharetrader
Page 800 of 871 FirstFirst ... 300700750790796797798799800801802803804810850 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Do you think that actual gold bullion/coins is the best way to invest in gold as opposed to equity in producers?
    I certainly have been gradually reducing my equity shareholdings in the past 18 months or so apart from in the NZ retirement village companies.
    Well the safest along with PMGOLD.asx etc(Perth mint gold shares) ---investing into the miners you do take the risks of poor mgmt. and being affected by general market sell down ... many investors can be forced to sell their Gold Plays to make margin calls etc
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Well the safest along with PMGOLD.asx etc(Perth mint gold shares) ---investing into the miners you do take the risks of poor mgmt. and being affected by general market sell down ... many investors can be forced to sell their Gold Plays to make margin calls etc
    My gold producer prices are not reacting how I would like today.
    I guess gold mining is risky business and everything gets sold in a panic, riskiest first.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My gold producer prices are not reacting how I would like today.
    I guess gold mining is risky business and everything gets sold in a panic, riskiest first.
    How much demand for gold normally comes from China?

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    How much demand for gold normally comes from China?
    No idea, hopefully once they have hand sanitisers, face masks and water they might think about some gold to put under the mattress.

Tempted to bail out and buy back in once it calms down.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No idea, hopefully once they have hand sanitisers, face masks and water they might think about some gold to put under the mattress.

Tempted to bail out and buy back in once it calms down.
    I may have to find my Grandfathers old sovereigns to trade for some sanitiser. There has not been any at the supermarket for the last month now.

There is a a bit of fear carrying over from the wider stock exchange with respect to gold stocks?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 28-02-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Considering that POG is about the same as it was a week ago, I would say that it is largely unaffected by this week's meltdown. Colin Twigg's advice is to buy the dips and gold in OZ dollars is in a strong uptrend. Colin is a much more knowledgeable person than I am.
    Discl: holding EVN, GOR and SAR

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Considering that POG is about the same as it was a week ago, I would say that it is largely unaffected by this week's meltdown. Colin Twigg's advice is to buy the dips and gold in OZ dollars is in a strong uptrend. Colin is a much more knowledgeable person than I am.
    Yes I sold down one of my Nickel plays to invest into two of my beaten down Gold companies MEU-RXL ... pure bloodbath paper value wise this week easy $80K down on previous weeks high !!!

Having invested through GFC I do see light at the end of the bloodbath as FEAR is always followed by GREED and when you have GOLD booming and costs to mining falling it will show a clear picture of high cashflows next Qtr
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Gold joined the party last night. Scary to see in dollar terms how much I lost yesterday and Monday will be worse as the POG has actually fallen. The exit looks pretty small and I am tempted to run for it on Monday along with all the other chickens. But then I think, Ok there might be some selling of gold to cover debts and sort out your affairs in a meltdown but longer term it still makes sense as currencies will be further debased in this crisis. Not sure how much further they can go with interest rates and money printing but I guess "whatever it takes" could mean anything.

probably a conspiracy theory.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/commoditie...oj-back-market
    More likely a big speculator trying to get the house in order and having to sell something of value but I have no idea.
    Last edited by Aaron; 29-02-2020 at 09:24 AM.

https://thepatientinvestor.com/index...d-buy-the-dip/

Gold heading for support at US$ 1550. Next week will be interesting.

https://thepatientinvestor.com/index...d-buy-the-dip/

Gold heading for support at US$ 1550. Next week will be interesting.
    Yeah Gutted I closed my Palladium short !! I really hope Gold can hold the $1550 surely the large shorts will exit