sharetrader
Page 869 of 869 FirstFirst ... 369769819859865866867868869
Results 8,681 to 8,687 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Right now? down, but let's look at it later this week, haste has no purpose with Gold. imo.
    So given the extreme Volatility over the last few weeks ( and recent days) I thought I'd do some digging... (scuse unintended pun...)

This article is really well written and covers the macro. https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ro...in-volatility/

Buckle in for the Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by mistymountain View Post
    So given the extreme Volatility over the last few weeks ( and recent days) I thought I'd do some digging... (scuse unintended pun...)

This article is really well written and covers the macro. https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ro...in-volatility/

Buckle in for the Ride.
    Thanks Misty.
    Yeah it's pretty obvious to me a hedge fund had a crack at gold in hours of poor liquidity & like the article says, probably also drove it down by selling out.

I remember the same thing happened in the oil market a few years ago & its happened in the NZD as well.

Imo there should be limitations on volume when there is virtually no liquidity,

Gold has rebounded nicely after its spike & sell off. Not far off the highs & I expect as the US cuts rates throughout 2024 gold should do well.
    Could be a great year for gold stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Gold has rebounded nicely after its spike & sell off. Not far off the highs & I expect as the US cuts rates throughout 2024 gold should do well.
    Could be a great year for gold stocks.
    Been a Good month my largest holding GAU:TSX touched 50% up so far for DEC purchase!!! $50,000 not a bad gain for the month
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Been a Good month my largest holding GAU:TSX touched 50% up so far for DEC purchase!!! $50,000 not a bad gain for the month
    Nicely played JB

And thanks JB for bringing platinum back on my radar. That's been a great trade. Out now. Will reassess in the NY

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    And thanks JB for bringing platinum back on my radar. That's been a great trade. Out now. Will reassess in the NY
    Should have taken the trade myself .. some dumb reason I find it harder to control my emotion playing with CFDs and always just over trade and take very short term gains than just putting the trade on that I know is a good one and just leaving it to play out with a stop-loss in place ... GOLD low 1900 levels Platinum 880's Palladium 900's .. all no brainer trades IMHO at the time

at present one trade I'd look to take on a leave to play out would be if Wti Crude oil would dip to say 67-68bbl level to go long ..pretty safe to see bounce from these levels...

I do think the PGMs could grow a leg as well
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu