sharetrader
Page 836 of 869 FirstFirst ... 336736786826832833834835836837838839840846 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,360 of 8687

Thread: Gold

LOL LOL LOL

THE most common currency criminals use is the US dollar...
    So will you denounce the US dollar???

You don't trust bitcoin,
    But the scam in your link has nothing to do with bitcoin...

There is some real twisted level of thinking around but I think you take the cake...

LOL 😆🤣😂

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    LOL LOL LOL

THE most common currency criminals use is the US dollar...
    So will you denounce the US dollar???

You don't trust bitcoin,
    But the scam in your link has nothing to do with bitcoin...

There is some real twisted level of thinking around but I think you take the cake...

LOL ������
    You're in serious denial, what do you mean bitcoin exchanges have nothing to do with bitcoin? And what about this: "In early April, Turkey’s Central Bank has banned cryptocurrencies as a form of payment from April 30, and the country has prohibited payment and electronic money institutions from mediating money transfers to cryptocurrency platforms". That is what I would call sovereign risk.

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    You're in serious denial, what do you mean bitcoin exchanges have nothing to do with bitcoin? And what about this: "In early April, Turkey’s Central Bank has banned cryptocurrencies as a form of payment from April 30, and the country has prohibited payment and electronic money institutions from mediating money transfers to cryptocurrency platforms". That is what I would call sovereign risk.
    Dude,
    You are in serious denpial here 😆🤣😂...
    You are about to get carved out....
    You never learn... I end up going around in circles with you trying to explain simple things and you keep coming back to the same dumb argument...over and over now...
    At least come up with new debates...
    Bitcoin is not the scam, it's only the medium of exchange to facilitate the scam !!!.. huge difference... for example,
    Bernie Madoff ripped investors off billions of US dollars of currency worth...65 billion US dollars worth and the biggest ponzi scam of all time... that does not make the US dollar the scam... the scam was Bernie Madoff...
    Do you understand now?
    And also,
    Forget about Turkey man... they pose no real significance to anything...you wouldn't even get a carved Christmas lunch out of them...
    .... Turkey has now been recognized for the Armenian Genocide during World War 1...
    You should focus on that...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1265129

You got smoked....

😆

Permanent Newbie

USA markets down slightly gold down slightly, I thought that gold acted inversely to the stockmarket but it seems like big flows of liquidity sloshing in and out of everything depending on the mood of the day.

As far as the bitcoin/gold debate, as far as I can tell they are both supposedly alternative currencies that rely on the belief of the general public to have any value. Bitcoin a way better speculation at the moment. Time will tell as both seem risky to me, although I am speculating on gold as I have more belief in it and although something physical in a digital world seems out of date as long as central banks hold it so will I. (actually that is not true, I am going further out the risk curve and speculating on gold miners and a rising gold price rather than holding gold.)

Permanent Newbie

Not sure about the reliability of zero hedge they have a definite bent but positive news for gold a new convert.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sa...asement-dollar

A few articles about crypto currencies. I wonder how you choose which one is best? Plenty of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Not sure about the reliability of zero hedge they have a definite bent but positive news for gold a new convert.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sa...asement-dollar

A few articles about crypto currencies. I wonder how you choose which one is best? Plenty of options.
    Yeah I always listen to "Sam Zell" on CNBC makes plenty of sense in a nonsensical world at present.. I agree with want he said in the interview..

.. EV and everything attached to infrastructure + Green Energy will do very well ..so resources like Copper-Silver-Lithium-Zinc-Halloysite ...

Today we just ordered a new SUV KIA SORENTO ... have to wait till AUG/SEPT ... the dealer we ordered through they have orders for 50+ new Sorento's for the last couple weeks ... all waiting for the KIA Factory .. sounds like chip shortages

and guess whats needed for Computer chips -http://www.nma.org/pdf/m_computer.pdf
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post

and guess whats needed for Computer chips -http://www.nma.org/pdf/m_computer.pdf
    Kia Sorrento is on my short list for when I get around to replacing my current 16 year old suv! I always go for gold tipped connectors - they keep well in high humidity Auckland!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Kia Sorrento is on my short list for when I get around to replacing my current 16 year old suv! I always go for gold tipped connectors - they keep well in high humidity Auckland!
    Yes I really rate the latest Sorento ... took the prem model for spin up the Coronet Peak road ... was very impressive handling and power for a BIG seven seater SUV and 7lt per 100kms !!!! ended up going for the EX model as not stress about all the extras ... we had on the Premium model we currently have .... 60,500 great BUY imho..

Yes Gold has great properties you just can't create from other minerals ... as to why it has such a high value ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Gold demand in the technology sector was up 11% year-on-year, coming in at 81.2 tons in the first quarter of 2021.

According to the World Gold Council, the strong growth was partially due to comparison with relatively weak tech demand in the first quarter of 2020, as governments began shutting down economies in response to the coronavirus. But comparisons with Q1 2019 and Q1 2018 suggest that demand has recovered quite quickly and is now at more typical Q1 levels.

The electronics sector accounts for the bulk of gold used in tech and industry. Demand for gold electronics production was up 13% to 66.4 tons in the first quarter. Recovery in the global auto market has helped boost demand for gold in electronic components.

Strong demand for high-end consumer electronics, such as laptops, tablets and TVs drove healthy growth of between 10 and 13% y-o-y in LED gold use. The recovery in the automotive sector was a factor here as well. 3D sensors within mobile and AI devices also provided strong support, alongside the growing use of UV-LEDs within the biomedical sector, primarily in bactericidal wearable devices.

Wireless communication technology also depends on gold. The sector maintained a steady growth of between 2 and 4% in Q1, driven primarily by robust demand for 5G infrastructure and devices. China is targeting the installation of 600,000 5G base stations in the short term, with a vision of providing all tier 1-3 cities across the country with access to 4G/5G connectivity by 2025 – an objective that will require an estimated 10 million base stations countrywide. 5G is also becoming increasingly common in handheld devices. Over 1/3 of all smartphone shipments in 2021 are expected to be 5G enabled. These devices require an increased number of power amplifiers, which depend on gold for their reliable operation.

The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) sector performed strongly during Q1 as well, registering a rise of 15-18% y-o-y.

Demand for gold in other industrial applications rose by 9% to 12 tons y-o-y. Two of the main components of demand – luxury gold-plated accessories and jari (gold thread used in traditional Indian clothing) – were limited by ongoing COVID-19 related disruption.

Gold is increasingly being utilized in the healthcare field. Gold nanoparticles are often used in diagnostic testing, including COVID-19 tests. While the quantity of gold is small compared to the overall demand, it is a critical component of the tests. Gold is also important in medical imaging. The yellow metal has even been used to partially restore the sight of blind mice by replacing their deteriorated photoreceptors – sensory structures inside the eye that respond to light – with nano-wires made of gold and titanium.

From time to time, you will hear people inexplicably say, “Gold is just a useless metal.” They claim that gold’s value is simply “a matter of faith.”

This is sheer nonsense. In fact, gold is one of the most useful metals on the planet and would probably have even more practical applications if it wasn’t so rare and expensive. The truth is gold did not become money because it wasn’t useful for anything else. Its role as money actually evolved because it is so valuable and has so many uses.

-SchiffGold