sharetrader
Page 820 of 869 FirstFirst ... 320720770810816817818819820821822823824830 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 8687

Thread: Gold

IMO

ive got about 9% of my wealth in Goldies and im hanging in as part of my risk reward strategy.Lots of volatility ahead imo and im not ready to reduce/bail yet.

Yep looking for an opportunity to top up. Started late accumulating G into portfolio so trying to catch up, but share prices marching forward keeping me behind. Nice problem to have however. Not ready to sell shares to top up. Sigh.....

Advanced Member

Might be a flight to Gold Bitcoin down 12% Ripple 20%, looks like they all tanking ....

Banned

yes it will be interesting to see where people move their money to

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Might be a flight to Gold Bitcoin down 12% Ripple 20%, looks like they all tanking ....
    I have not been a believer in Bitcoin, (still couldn't buy it) but it is gaining more mainstream support that I ever imagined it would.

1770 to 1870 pog jumping up $100 then down again repeat every hour in overnight trading. Is something cooking?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    1770 to 1870 pog jumping up $100 then down again repeat every hour in overnight trading. Is something cooking?

I recently read an article about market manipulation in Gold, and a lot of it made sense. Given the big players have been caught out before, I wouldn't be surprised if that was what is going on again here. Nothing makes sense any more in this market...

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    I have not been a believer in Bitcoin, (still couldn't buy it) but it is gaining more mainstream support that I ever imagined it would.
    Your not the only one but BTC seems to be all the rage at the moment near on tapping $20k USD ... I see one fund on CNBC happy to invest $500mill into BTC soon ...
    there really seems a push at the moment for the BTC bugs to attack GOLD and state BTC is better than GOLD etc ... which is kind of joke ,,, GOLD like other precious metal thats been created by the universe in very limited amounts with high costs to extract ... its the fight of the Physical Vs Digital (I find it funny the icon for BTC is a GOLD coin). ... I guess its like guys that are pro golfers but only on their Playstation ...but If everyone is happy to watch the playstation player than the real player then theres are great future for Digital Golf players

You can lose your BTC simply lose track of your private key or your hard drive.... house fire bye bye BTC..

You can't destroy GOLD its going tp be around forever till the SUN takes it back in several billion years

https://www.technologyreview.com/201...stroy-bitcoin/

researchers are finding is that a digital version of state-run currencies could match or even improve upon the efficiencies of Bitcoin. Gupta believes that transactions should be processed much faster when a central bank is behind the system (as opposed to the peer-to-peer network that currently records Bitcoin transactions). This efficiency could add up to a lot of saved money. The Bank of England, which has been furiously researching blockchain technology, reported in 2016 that even partial adoption of a central-bank-issued digital currency would result in a 3 percent increase in GDP as the cost of taxes and transaction fees went down.

Really wants going to be the final nail in BTC ... is a fully Digital currency that pays interest to hold again ... so you have all the properties of say NZD pay your taxes ,pay your bills etc accepted everywhere .. but also if you hold in the bank can get a better return than inflation
    as we know BTC = no return
    Last edited by JBmurc; 01-12-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

Covid Vaccines look to have stopped gold in its tracks and companies like PayPal using bitcoin is another concern

PayPal has entered the cryptocurrencymarket, announcing that its customers will be able to buy and sell Bitcoin and other virtual currencies using their PayPal accounts. Those virtual coins could then be used to buy things from the 26 million sellers which accept PayPal, it said.

IMO

What makes some people tick?
    Skol started this thread in 2009. He switched to GOLD(and only gold) on hot copper for one.Thousands of posts , all negative ,i believe, 10 to 20 a day !!!.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 01-12-2020 at 12:51 PM.