sharetrader
Page 848 of 869 FirstFirst ... 348748798838844845846847848849850851852858 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Crypto banned in China, being banned in India and Sweden is going to ban mining it. At least gold has the advantage that it can't be turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Crypto banned in China, being banned in India and Sweden is going to ban mining it. At least gold has the advantage that it can't be turned off.
    You are obviously following old news... India has not banned crypto far from it...
    You can't turn crypto off... thats the point...
    Even if the Internet went down and/or total power supply failed crypto will still survive (especially bitcoin)..... to eliminate crypto you would have to have a supernova swallow up our whole solar system...
    In El Salvardor more people now have crypto wallets than they do bank accounts...
    Over 300 million people worldwide now use crypto or about 4% of people...
    This number will trend towards 100% crypto adoption in the future... ...
    Gold is fools money...
    you would only ever buy gold if you or someone you loved was held to ransom and they asked specifically asked for gold...
    Otherwise it's just financial suicide...
    This year gold has been decapitated by crypto and this will continue to happen over the long term...
    People are selling gold (fools money) ... and switching it to epic performing asset class....
    Posters here have continued to sink themselves over your same arguments but all crypto does is blow up ccock a hoot...
    It's never too late to have skin in the game...
    cc

Trueeeee,
    Another reversal from what I'd heard recently...
    It just shows how amazing crypto really is... they are that threatened by it they feel they need to take it off the table...
    America won't be banning it and crypto will still flourish 100%...
    With a VPN smart people will still trade it... you can say you can ban crypto but you can't ban crypto!!
    cc

Permanent Newbie

Sell gold and miners now and buy back in when Jerome goes from slightly hawkish to uber dovish?

Will probably just do nothing and see what happens.

Permanent Newbie

Gold sliding due to a more hawkish Fed apparently.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...on-2021-12-02/

But if we follow the playbook raising rates will induce another debt meltdown which will require a return to zero rates and even more money printing than last time.

Demographics, debt possibly maxing out, technology all potentially deflationary. I recall Gary Shilling saying that outside of war a smooth running economy is generally deflationary.

So tempted to sell up my gold producers and take a profit now before the profits disappear entirely and wait until the next crisis and next round of money printing.

Currently central banks pretending to do something about inflation is enough to put downward pressure on the gold price.

What are others doing? Keeping the faith in this faith based investment or jumping in and out as the economic news changes.

Massive money printing inflationary.

Money printing currently winning, so far only admitted that the "transitory" idea was only a delaying tactic to do nothing, while inflation takes care of the debt problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    So tempted to sell up my gold producers and take a profit now before the profits disappear entirely and wait until the next crisis and next round of money printing.

Currently central banks pretending to do something about inflation is enough to put downward pressure on the gold price.

What are others doing? Keeping the faith in this faith based investment or jumping in and out as the economic news changes.
    You need to ask yourself what has changed from a fundamental perspective compared to when you purchased.

All the good gold producers on the ASX are making so much free cash flow at the moment at the current gold price - with continued upside from exploration and organic growth and the massive upside if the gold price takes off - in the mean time I'll take the dividends and keep them in the bottom drawer.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Norwest View Post
    You need to ask yourself what has changed from a fundamental perspective compared to when you purchased.

All the good gold producers on the ASX are making so much free cash flow at the moment at the current gold price - with continued upside from exploration and organic growth and the massive upside if the gold price takes off - in the mean time I'll take the dividends and keep them in the bottom drawer.
    Definitely dividends increasing, but just hearing Powell admit inflation is not transitory and interest rates starting to head up slightly. The central banks will drag this out as long as possible and find excuses not to raise rates as they need this inflation to reduce the debt problem they created.

Previously fuel and interest rates were low so a couple of major inputs were low and the price of gold was heading up but now stuck somewhere between 1,700 and 1,900, just wondering ,gold like crypto is faith based.

Good to see the Singapore central bank buying more the other day.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ime-in-decades

Just getting impatient I guess. No real change in the reason for investing in this area but there are signs of a shift.

You don't hear about Evergrande anymore I assume the Chinese govt printed up some cash to sort it out.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Gold no longer move's with the dollar (US)

As the Fed sounds more hawkish, and eventually increases rates possible as early as June 2022 this will strengthen the dollar on a strengthening U.S economy , weakening the need for gold as a hedge or protection.
    This is golds headwinds in 2022.

Hope this helps.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Gold no longer move's with the dollar (US)

As the Fed sounds more hawkish, and eventually increases rates possible as early as June 2022 this will strengthen the dollar on a strengthening U.S economy , weakening the need for gold as a hedge or protection.
    This is golds headwinds in 2022.

Hope this helps.
    It might if you were consistent with your predictions. I thought you were predicting transitory inflation with technology, demographics and debt quickly switching us back to deflation with the central banks dropping interest rates and printing money in the near future to counter this.

I guess we could have even nearer term dollar strength as the Fed pays lip service to tightening and stops printing and maybe even starts raising rates.

Unfortunately I am not a nimble investor so prefer to know what your longer term trends are. I was sticking with gold as I believe the central banks will respond to any crisis with moah money and suppressed interest rates.