sharetrader
Page 849 of 849 FirstFirst ... 349749799839845846847848849
Results 8,481 to 8,484 of 8484

Thread: Gold

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It might if you were consistent with your predictions. I thought you were predicting transitory inflation with technology, demographics and debt quickly switching us back to deflation with the central banks dropping interest rates and printing money in the near future to counter this.

I guess we could have even nearer term dollar strength as the Fed pays lip service to tightening and stops printing and maybe even starts raising rates.

Unfortunately I am not a nimble investor so prefer to know what your longer term trends are. I was sticking with gold as I believe the central banks will respond to any crisis with moah money and suppressed interest rates.
    I Am still predicting transitory inflation, so is the bond market.

I Follow the US 10y treasury yield.

There will be a correction when the supply chains re open, technology, outsourcing labour will drive down inflation.

Biden getting involved with Federal reserve policy trying to scare the markets (like Robertson on Orr) *to push his trillion dollar infrastructure bill will only make matters worse for the bottom half of society.

*(Not the infrastructure bill,playing politics getting involved with central bank policy)
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 06-12-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Unfortunately I am not a nimble investor so prefer to know what your longer term trends are. I was sticking with gold as I believe the central banks will respond to any crisis with moah money and suppressed interest rates.
    Holding gold does not protect your investments in financial crisis, stockmarket crashes... in 2008 gold hit $1000 and a low of $690 a retracement of 30%...and selling off with all asset classes.. .
    People are liquidating assets to pay for debts, margins, rent, survival...
    Another way to think about it... if you have one asset which has dumped, you are selling other assets which havnt dumped to Dollar cost average that... in turn pulling the price of that asset down...

Screenshot_20211206-214400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Since the reset of 2008 you wouldn't have even doubled your money with gold (old)....
    It's literally the worst performing asset (if you could even call it that)....
    Gold is also now being switched to greater performing assets...
    cc

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Holding gold does not protect your investments in financial crisis, stockmarket crashes... in 2008 gold hit $1000 and a low of $690 a retracement of 30%...and selling off with all asset classes.. .
    People are liquidating assets to pay for debts, margins, rent, survival...
    Another way to think about it... if you have one asset which has dumped, you are selling other assets which havnt dumped to Dollar cost average that... in turn pulling the price of that asset down...

Screenshot_20211206-214400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Since the reset of 2008 you wouldn't have even doubled your money with gold (old)....
    It's literally the worst performing asset (if you could even call it that)....
    Gold is also now being switched to greater performing assets...
    cc
    True in 2008 gold and a lot of blue chip companies sold off hard as they were the only assets anyone wanted to buy and all the people with a margin call needed to come up with some capital. If we have another major financial crisis I imagine BTC will hold up quite well.

Permanent Newbie

I guess nobody believes central banks will raise interest rates significantly.

Gold should hold up OK as we wait first for central banks to pretend to fight inflation and then if this slightly hawkish change creates another downturn more money printing and interest rate cuts.

Or is this the bottom of the cycle with interest rates onwards and upwards from here, however slowly.