sharetrader
Page 104 of 872 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 8711

Thread: Gold

Legend

Is this the article Skol?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10667148
    '
    There's a plug for OceanaGold in there..and it's generally fair. So one 'financial advisor' thinks people should stay out of gold, he wouldn't go there. But since 2008 people have been increasingly moving into this 'bubble'. It seems to have a fairly wide timeline. As someone else pointed out, gold hit 840 in the last spike but was at 735 the next day. People are unlikely to buy at the top.

In any case, how would a financial advisor make any commission out of gold. No annual fee, no retainers fee, no hefty upfront payment. I was shocked when I found out that often your first year's life insurance premium on a new policy goes to the agent, for bringing through the business. That's why they hang around to get the cheque, because it's their wages topup you're writing out. Financial advisors are (or have been) no different, often selling those products with the most upfront and ongoing commission, regardless of risk to the holder.

My experience is that there is no easy way to build up investments, it takes homework. Like many on here, I now like to be more in control of what I'm investing in. Apart from there being no leverage to gold (which can be a good thing!), people acting as a herd and buying gold should work out OK. And the price is still not far above the cost of extraction. It's a very rare element.

Default What bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    If you don't thinks gold's in a bubble read the article in the Herald yesterday.
    A dealer said that before Sept. 2008 he'd get 3 or 4 local enquiries a day, now he gets 20. Amateurs loading up on gold and silver.
    -Thats funny I'm sure you where just saying how silver was going cheap on trademe if so how are we in a bubble if we were wouldn't that bar be getting bid up way higher than it's current low spot price??
    =20 enquires a day is hardly a bubble wait to he's getting over 200........

-Might pay to do some research on how costly it is to get the gold/silver etc from the earth to the bullion dealer like I was stating back a few posts OGC for one gets what 1.5ish grams per ton of ore of gold from hard rock
    -Worldwide major Gold miners grades are falling , many mines are going deeper into the earth to increase their reserves which increasing costs just like Oil floor of costs keeps rising so any major drop in sale price = closes down high cost operations
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

If you don't thinks gold's in a bubble read the article in the Herald yesterday.
    A dealer said that before Sept. 2008 he'd get 3 or 4 local enquiries a day, now he gets 20. Amateurs loading up on gold and silver.
    Thats enquiries....how many actual sales?
    Are they enquiries about buying or selling?
    So many things not there....could be people losing their jobs and looking to sell something to get cash..... who knows...could be anything
    What it does show is a greater awareness

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    JB ..that's garbage...TA knowledgable people don't sell at the bottom because they are already out of the market ..you know that.
    Re : bottoms...picking exact tops and bottoms as it happens is near impossible..hence the saying.. "picking bottoms gives you sh1tty fingers".

P may be on holiday but I'm not
    Good on ya hoop and Peat.

Reckon JB must have been bored when he wrote that so thought hed see if he could stir someone up. Couldnt be left unanswered though
    Last edited by STRAT; 20-08-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Good on ya hoop.

Reckon JB must have been bored when he wrote that so thought hed see if he could stir someone up. Couldnt be left unanswered though
    yes be bored with nothing much going on in my portifilo up 3k one minute down couple hundred the next----- waiting for annoucements.....................might go for a ski

did just read this artricle well worth it for us metal heads-http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1281969661.php
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yep getting abit stale round these ASX threads LOL the F/A ---T/A debate always gets the backs up LOL

"The Best gold interview of the year" http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1281969661.php

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yep getting abit stale round these ASX threads LOL the F/A ---T/A debate always gets the backs up LOL

"The Best gold interview of the year" http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1281969661.php
    Wow! What you said JB

Regarding the old argument, I found this:

http://www.taguide.com/

But as the name of the site implies, they might be biased..and the general gist was that both methods should be used. The guy that made a lot of dough out of TA, started with FA, so it could be argued that he needed to use both to do really well.

OGC is a case in point: it's FA is good, will only improve. TA work on that share should be directed at the gold chart, during times when the company is carrying on as usual.
    Last edited by elZorro; 20-08-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Banned

EZ, don't fool yourself, gold is not 'rare', there's about 161000 tons and if the PoG goes up they'll dig heaps more out of the ground.

Looks like I'm not the only one who believes gold's a bubble.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/m...10/aug/19/gold

EZ, don't fool yourself, gold is not 'rare', there's about 161000 tons and if the PoG goes up they'll dig heaps more out of the ground.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/m...10/aug/19/gold
    what some 3 half months to go your going need a big drop to see gold sub 1090 keep hoping Skol

Legend

www.guardian.co.uk/business/marketforceslive/2010/aug/19/gold
    You crack me up Skol - I'll bite.. gold is a precious metal and it's rare..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precious_metal

Normal distribution of gold in the crust is just 4ppb (parts per billion by weight). If a goldmine has a high grade of 4 grams/tonne in ore (4ppm), it is unusually 1,000 times more concentrated than the rest of the Earth's crust. Note silver is a bit more abundant.

I thought the number one rule in shares was to follow the market. I might be catching onto gold a bit late, but I still think there's some moolah to be made here.
    Last edited by elZorro; 21-08-2010 at 03:59 PM.