sharetrader
Page 111 of 874 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Legend

But we're 30 years on from the 1980s Skol, and the momentum behind gold has been building for several years. A mild pullback is possible, but won't effect miners much.
    Goldminers are very bullish at the moment, if that's any indication.

George Soros thinks gold is going to be a massive asset bubble too, but the difference is that he sees investment leading up to it as simply being rational.
    Last edited by elZorro; 06-09-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Cool punctuation? no just how to make moola from investing

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    JB,
    Are you sure you haven't paid too much?
    Just had a look at TradeMe silver and nothing's selling.

When the bell rings it's going down a lot faster than it's been going up.

Do they teach punctuation in Queenstown?

NAV-bullish? Are we looking at the same stock exchange?
    Depth wise NAV is looking good early last week there was much selling depth at 17c -20c friday that had now shrunk to round a third of what it was as well as the SP going from 16c-17c volume was also up soaking up much of the sellers wanting out--like I said SKOL- NAV will make make me min 100% return for a year hold, I'm over half way there now so very confident on operation reports NAV is on track to make a good profits for the year

-So Trademe Silver bullion isn't selling well just shows how unloved Silver bullion is as an investment unlike those great financial companies how many millions will us NZ tax payers be forced to pay to the many investors chasing the yield --reminds me of some of my first posts on ST back in 03 about trying to find major Silver bullion sellers here one guy I was put onto thought I was mad trying to buy a ton of Silver back then at $7-8oz he stated Quite clearly -Silver would not go anywhere fast, whats the bet the guy was loaded up in Financial companies LOL because they pay a yield, An a precious metal mine production that for the last 20yrs hasn't got close to matching the higher demand will go no-where....I might not be the next buffet but my own share Investment company sure as hell out performed his % wise for the last financial year..
    Last edited by JBmurc; 06-09-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

NAV up 20% today now what was that company you said would outperform NAV Skol

NAV march 2010 12.5c today 20.5c you where also saying how bad my NAV investment had been SKOL what's your share thats done better??
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I'd say its more to do with the rare earths than gold, JB. What do you reckon?

Nice rise though...I've been watching NAV for a while and very tempted to buy some. Who says buying into a bubble is bad thing...as long as you get out before it pops eh?

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post

Nice rise though...I've been watching NAV for a while and very tempted to buy some. Who says buying into a bubble is bad thing...as long as you get out before it pops eh?
    well it the biggest volume of shares traded so far today in NAV 5yr trading history some big major buying bringing out some good sized sellers just watch one seller come out at 19c with what he had left some 1.2mill shares which within mins was brought up in 200k-500k lots yeah the Rare earths is a factor but a small one IMHO the latest news was the BRR ann. on how the Gold production was all going to plan an the fact some of the mangerment are currently taking a well deserved hoilday now they have it up in running well.
    remember NAV production target is 100,000oz of Gold production the EBIT 40mill+ from this alone would be worth alot more than their REO discovery total valued round 20mill of course this value could well head north on futher drilling
    Last edited by JBmurc; 06-09-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post

I'd say you hit the nail on the head there UU. LYC up 16% today.

I'd say you hit the nail on the head there UU. LYC up 16% today.
    yes the cummins range is a great assets still NAV is a Gold producer If NAV was offered the right price 20mill say I'm sure that most likely sell it otherwise why state they would be looking to any interests on the asset in recent reports
    So did you buy a few Skol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    So did you buy a few Skol
    No way, I've got more respect for my hard earned tax paid dollars.

No way, I've got more respect for my hard earned tax paid dollars.
    yeah a respect to buy me a $100 bottle of Veuve I can toast to my fallow NAV shareholders LOL

Yeah, and NTU is up 44% for the day too.

NAV does look attractive, given how highly leveraged it is to the price of gold. Reserves are expanding, but mainly due to them becoming economical due to price of gold increasing...

I didn't pull the trigger today on NAV, did on a couple of other things.