sharetrader
Page 16 of 874 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

What is in your portfolio as at today JB? No major details, just general overview...

Which commodities will you be investing in at the market bottoms? Gold, silver, oil, agriculture?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yeah Marc faber is a smart man one of the many I listen too...he's very bearish US dollar,euro,pound--he's also bullish Gold
    Yes I'm aware of that but he's not perfect and investment analysts often get caught up in the mania themselves.
    I'm a contrarian, too JB. Do the opposite of what the 'experts' say.
    Last edited by Skol; 15-04-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    What is in your portfolio as at today JB? No major details, just general overview...

Which commodities will you be investing in at the market bottoms? Gold, silver, oil, agriculture?
    Well currently my share portfilo is made up of--

CFE-Iron ore,base metals,gold--90% cap in cash & cash equ
    NAV&NAVO-Gold soon to be producing, rare earth metals
    CVX-Gold exploration,CFE major holder
    PEN-U308
    STX-Nat gas,oil,CSG producer
    ROC-Oil gas producer

Also holding 50kilos of silver bullion

An hopefully by Nov 55% equity in a new Queenstown home(hoping to pay of within yrs
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

You aren't going to sell before the crash?

You aren't going to sell before the crash?
    Well for one no one knows when the crash is going be IMHO I believe we'll see the correction of some size later this year round OCT
    I have been taking profits out of the market an investing in into Silver bullion & into are house to be built by NOV
    As the months go by I'll looking at taking more profits with the goal of being 20%-30% in cash in the AUD call account by AUG (with smaller holdings in my resource shares)
    Of course this could well change ...I may we invest some funds into some high yield Infrastructure stocks like TSI keeping Diverse is the plan

--Silver bullion-- Inflation investment an longer term depletion investment(land based Silver resources will be all but extinct in 20yrs)
    --Property--Inflation hedge ,base to run businesses from,rent out etc(As it's in the Queenstown valley cheap land here will also become very extinct)
    --Shares---riskier high growth investment with safety of company structure
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

--Silver bullion-- (land based Silver resources will be all but extinct in 20yrs)
    Crowd psychology at work.
    All the silver will be gone. LOL Wanna bet?

That's like that idiot Simon Boxer from Greenpeace who said we shouldn't build nuclear power stations because all the uranium will be gone.

Hey ENP,
    I can remember back in '73 the whizz kids, scientists, analysts and experts told us all the oil on earth would be gone by 2004. Isn't it hilarious?
    Last edited by Skol; 15-04-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Crowd psychology at work.
    All the silver will be gone. LOL Wanna bet?

That's like that idiot Simon Boxer from Greenpeace who said we shouldn't build nuclear power stations because all the uranium will be gone.

Hey ENP,
    I can remember back in '73 the whizz kids, scientists, analysts and experts told us all the oil on earth would be gone by 2004. You gotta laugh!
    Land based SKOL how about you fronting up where your moneys invested AWE,VBA? what else

Banned

Land based SKOL how about you fronting up where your moneys invested AWE,VBA? what else
    Land based or anything else, if you believe that JB you'll believe anything!

Bought TOL after it crashed a few weeks back, sold VBA, have AWB, TLS, CSR, and ALS after if folded the other day. MGR and SGP.

And PDN.

I have funds in the BT Natural Resources fund and have done for about 14 years. Good enough return for me.
    Last edited by Skol; 15-04-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Silver at the moment... http://repairstemcell.files.wordpres...02/bubbles.jpg

And the people buying silver right now... http://www.freefoto.com/images/01/16...-Sheep_web.jpg

I'm fully in cash now. Good thing my job is sloooow right now, gives me all day to research investing.
    Last edited by ENP; 15-04-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Silver at the moment... http://repairstemcell.files.wordpres...02/bubbles.jpg

And the people buying silver right now... http://www.freefoto.com/images/01/16...-Sheep_web.jpg

I'm fully in cash now. Buying in stocks (RYM) at this point in the market was a silly decision, don't know why I got talked into it. Good thing my job is sloooow right now, gives me all day to research investing.
    -- very funny SKOL would like--personal I let the future decide who the sheep are......

--Goerge Soros economic warnings

http://www.smh.com.au/business/georg...0415-seyy.html
    Last edited by JBmurc; 15-04-2010 at 01:53 PM.