sharetrader
Page 18 of 871 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Skol, by reading your post I am still uncertain if you are taking a favourable position or view towards gold, or against it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    Skol, by reading your post I am still uncertain if you are taking a favourable position or view towards gold, or against it.
    Read my previous posts, I've already had a 'word with the herd'.

Banned

Is anyone here familiar with the name Mark Lundeen? This is in relation to gold speculation.
    There is a fan of this individual on another website who says "an offer of a million dollars for an ounce of gold will not produce a sale".

They reckon there's one born every day!
    Last edited by Skol; 15-04-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post

Prices would need to fall below $900 to revive the fortunes of the jewellery market, he said. “At $700 to $800, you’d see really good demand from places like India.”
    That argument is a bit like the cart pulling the horse, I'm afraid. Gold is subject to many market forces, not just jewellery demand. The gold price need not do anything to suit the jewellery market. Maybe the jewellers suffer for a while as others put a higher value in gold than they and their clients do....

You will find that most Asian countries buy jewellery as an investment, hence their jewelleries are usually 22 ct and above.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Read my previous posts, I've already had a 'word with the herd'.
    Skol, I asked you a cut and dry question and you reply about your post and cant get a simple answer.

Your so called previous post is a cut and paste job of somebody else's thoughts, not yours. Talk about following a heard, sheezus.

How about just forget it.

ps: its not about what gold will or wont do, its about a posters attitude, IMO.
    Last edited by drillfix; 16-04-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Banned

I wouldn't own gold or gold stocks for all the tea in China.

Here's a para. from 'Contrarian Investing'.

"In a mania, anyone with the audacity to point out that price are too high, or to predict a terrible crash, is ridiculed. Warnings are cavalierly dismissed."

Banned

From a chapter entitled "New Eras, Manias and Bubbles"

"In the late 1970's a large number of books emerged stressing the merits of investing in high P/E growth stocks.
    All argued that the US Dollar would become worthless (the US Dollar index bottomed out in late 1979 and almost doubled by 1985) and that hyperinflation, which would push precious metal prices into the sky, was around corner (gold and silver prices topped out in 1980). Investment conferences and newsletters focussed principally on gold, silver and oil.
    It was a time when the 'gold bugs' enjoyed huge popularity and and drew massive crowds to their seminars all over the world."

Yep, deja vu all over again.

Skol, I asked you a cut and dry question and you reply about your post and cant get a simple answer.

Your so called previous post is a cut and paste job of somebody else's thoughts, not yours. Talk about following a heard, sheezus.
    How about just forget it.
    ps: its not about what gold will or wont do, its about a posters attitude, IMO.
    LOL yeah it's hard to get a straight answer SKOL rather likes pushing the herd,mania buying point much like he did with oil all the way back to $86
    One thing many GOLD haters have to realise is GOLD is yet another world currency but one without debts outstanding unlike say are NZ dollar which is connected to are economy an are 131% foreign debt to GDP
    I can't think of any counties with a Fiat currency that wouldn't accept GOLD in exhange for their dollars peso's etc
    how many countries would be so keen on taking NZD's
    -(US air force pilots aren't given USD but gold bullion rounds in there emergency bailout kits)
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

And for the Jim Rogers fans here's an excerpt from his book.

"History shows that gold has not always been the best investment. By some estimates, more money has been lost over the past century or so in gold shares than in any other industry, and that includes railroad and airline companies. Those poor investors should have listened to Mark Twain, who once said that a gold miner was a liar standing beside a hole in the ground."

LOL