sharetrader
Page 201 of 872 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 8711

Thread: Gold

just want to let everyone know SKOL paid his $100(I haven't spent it yet but will do soon should get 3-4 good bottle of red) hope SKOL stays ST long term as I like winning bets looking forward to winning the new Silver bet for 2011

As for Gold/Silver at the moment IMHO I'm not at all worried with the correction and if anything I'm happy to see it take a breather as it show we are far from hitting stage three where PGM's go ballistic

Fact::No fiat currency has ever survived the USD which makes up over 70% of the world's unbacked fiat currencies held worldwide is on borrowed time it's day of reckoning is coming
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    just want to let everyone know SKOL paid his $100(I haven't spent it yet but will do soon should get 3-4 good bottle of red) hope SKOL stays ST long term as I like winning bets looking forward to winning the new Silver bet for 2011

As for Gold/Silver at the moment IMHO I'm not at all worried with the correction and if anything I'm happy to see it take a breather as it show we are far from hitting stage three where PGM's go ballistic

Fact::No fiat currency has ever survived the USD which makes up over 70% of the world's unbacked fiat currencies held worldwide is on borrowed time it's day of reckoning is coming
    Good ann out today on CCU, silver production of 2.5m/oz a year starting Q4 2011, Market Cap @ $90m is a bit rich for me

Still think Silver will outperform gold this year & make new highs

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    The HUI has gone up by 590% in 10 years by my calculation and referring to the ASX website the XGD chart only goes back to 2006 when it was reconfigured, so I'm not sure where you get your numbers from.
    I might have missed out as you say but I'm not ever likely to allocate more than what I would call a rational amount to any one asset. If goldbugs are dumb enough to listen to the likes of Richard Russell then more fool them.
    I'm surprised the SEC hasn't become involved with such scandalous and outrageous claims.
    The HUI bottomed in November 2000 at 36. Today it is 517. That is 1,336%. In November 2010 it was 550 that is 1,427%.
    Last edited by denpal; 27-01-2011 at 09:07 PM.

unusual, I would have thought Gold would have gotten a boost with Japan having its credit rating downgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Good ann out today on CCU, silver production of 2.5m/oz a year starting Q4 2011, Market Cap @ $90m is a bit rich for me

Still think Silver will outperform gold this year & make new highs
    well guess it all depends on Silver prices going forward shasta I'm guessing their costs be round $10per oz so say on current Silver AUD prices they be looking at
    $17oz profit so at 2.5moz production $$42.5million now if your as bullish on silver as myself I'd say CCU will within a few years have EBIT north of current market cap
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    well guess it all depends on Silver prices going forward shasta I'm guessing their costs be round $10per oz so say on current Silver AUD prices they be looking at
    $17oz profit so at 2.5moz production $$42.5million now if your as bullish on silver as myself I'd say CCU will within a few years have EBIT north of current market cap
    I read in one of CCU's presentations that with Pb credits the cash costs would be $A6/oz

Also have DOW & TOL, check them out.
    Geez Skol, you should have stuck with gold......

http://www.smh.com.au/business/train...127-1a673.html

Banned

Sold DOW but still own TOL, bought at $5.71, so looks like I'm still ahead. Put some dosh into ALS and BOL, a couple of losers that might do well fixing the flood damage.

When gold crashes I'll take a look.
    Last edited by Skol; 27-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I read in one of CCU's presentations that with Pb credits the cash costs would be $A6/oz
    ok so actually now looking at a likely EBIT=$50mill+ looks like a good buy when they have how many years of reserves 10yrs/ resource base 20yrs (what I recall reading somewhere )

-Looks like a good buy IMHO

Sold DOW but still own TOL, bought at $5.71, so looks like I'm still ahead.

....just like most holders of gold and gold stocks ;-)

PS...like the flood recovery story also....pickup up CDD and NOD as both should be likely beneficiaries.
    Last edited by Huang Chung; 27-01-2011 at 10:21 PM.